Are you looking for a place to unleash your interior design and event planning skills while creating an awesome work environment? We’re looking for a Studio Manager to help make our space beautiful, ensure the studio is running smoothly, and bring ustwobies (employees) together for great events.
You’ll be a part of the Operations Team and make sure ustwobies have the tools and systems they need from day one. You’ll use your creativity to think of fun events and activities for our studio offsites and quarterly socials. You’ll also support our marketing team when we host industry events in our space.
The right candidate will be outgoing, independent and collaborative, relishing the opportunity to work in an exciting creative space, playing a hugely important part in implementing the ustwo culture. This position is a 4-day a week role.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. We strive to create digital products that improve people’s lives and make a meaningful impact on the world. We do this by harnessing our collective genius through sharing and learning from each other and leveraging each individual’s unique skills.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage, design and configure our studio space to fit project teams’ needs.
- Oversee the social and workspace, including housekeeping and regular fortnightly lunches.
- Coordinate internal fortnightly lunch talks for the studio.
- Plan and organise company social offsites and events.
- Support marketing for ustwo-hosted industry events, as needed.
- Managing travel bookings and per diems for ustwobies visiting from different studios or travelling for client work.
- Greet studio visitors and clients ensuring they have a great experience and are comfortable.
- Ensure all ustwobies have access to the tools and systems they need from day one.
- Provide on the ground hardware support
- Support the Operations Team (finance and people) when needed.
- Provide support to the leadership team as needed.
- Collect, Sign for and distribute post.
- Manage food and beverage stocks and replenish when low.
- Re-order and maintain stationery supplies
- Run errands outside the studio when required.
- Be our first aid and fire warden for the studio.
- A true people person! You love to meet new people, and make them feel welcomed and comfortable.
- An interest in or experience with interior design.
- Experience in organising events and creating memorable experiences.
- Skilled at creating an inclusive environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
- Detail oriented and highly organised, able to juggle multiple things at once.
- Thrives under pressure and autonomy
- Proactive with an eagerness to keep raising the bar.
- Ideally, creative with skills in photography and/or videography.
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
By joining ustwo, you become a part of our community and are welcome to attend monthly talks on design, agile coaching, tech and diversity. You can also participate in different discipline specific workshops that interest you.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds and walks of life.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!