Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. We build products and services with users at the very heart of our approach, for a diverse range of clients and partners that span Healthcare, Automotive, Mobility, Retail and Finance sectors.
We're on a mission to launch products, services and companies that have a meaningful impact on the world. Our team of diverse strategists play a crucial role in this as the discoverers and creators of value that's meaningful for both our clients and their customers.
Our approach to strategy is hands-on and you’ll be thoroughly embedded in the process of making, working in small cross-discipline teams with product designers and software engineers.
We are looking for a Strategist to join us for 6 months. To start asap.
In this role you will...
- Use product thinking to define new value propositions in rapid 4-8 week cycles for a well known UK brand
- Receive and shape client briefs, challenging them where necessary and using insight to define and reframe the problems we’re trying to solve
- Be a trusted advisor to the client, working closely with them and their stakeholders to understand business dynamics and identify clear proposition goals
- Simplify complexity to help improve client and colleague understanding of project goals, processes and outputs
- Work in a small, self-directed team to choose the right tools and methodologies to achieve project goals in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Design, conduct and synthesise user research, from broad exploratory research to concept testing
- Partner with a product designer to develop innovative concepts based on real user and business insight
- Push creative thinking by bringing a wide range of stimulus to every stage of ideation, concept development and testing
- Be responsible for navigating the uncertainty of rapid discovery, identifying opportunity to adapt and improve project approaches
- Own the narrative of new propositions, crafting clear strategic arguments that clearly deliver on business and user needs
- Take clients on the discovery journey, training them in agile ways of working and using product thinking to transform an organisation on-the-job
- Foster a collaborative "One Team" approach between ustwo and clients by engaging in an open and transparent working relationship.
- Go to market experience. You have worked on products and services that have gone to market or are in-market.
- Current in your practice. As well as being an expert in user-centered design, testing, research usability principles, techniques and methodologies, you keep up with the latest trends in design and technology.
- Insightful. You analyse user problems and design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements. You understand how to position products and services in line with brand and market.
- Adaptable. You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply strategic thinking across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals. You are as comfortable working on product and opportunity discovery work as you are iterating towards market launch.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- Think holistically about the big picture when designing a service or product, whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and breaking down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, advocating good feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can remain calm and focused under pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Able to travel, from time to time, when required and with advance planning.
Above anything else, we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.