Finance Operations Manager
Do you enjoy ensuring a business is financially sound and setup for success? Ustwo Sydney is looking for a Finance Operations Manager to oversee our studio finances and liaise with external legal and accounting firms. You will be responsible for overseeing our client proposals and projects ensuring they stay within budget and achieve a healthy margin. You will work closely with our local leadership and global leadership teams to report on the studio financial health and identify any potential risks.
You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail. You have a startup mentality and enjoy putting systems and processes together to make things more efficient and easy to understand.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. We strive to create digital products that improve people’s lives and make a meaningful impact on the world. We do this by harnessing our collective genius through sharing and learning from each other and leveraging each individual’s unique skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee studio financials monitoring P&L, accounts and cashflow
- Prepare financial reports and updates for the local and global leadership teams
- Process payroll and expenses for employee and freelancers
- Train the business development and delivery team in how to setup and track projects’ profitability on Kimble (project software)
- Create the Sydney studio’s annual budget in collaboration with the local and global leadership teams
- Liaise with Central and the Global Finance Team to ensure Sydney is consistent with global standards and systems
- Collaborate with external legal and accounting firms to ensure the studio is legally and financially compliant with Australian business standards
- Coordinate with clients’ procurement offices for purchase orders and ensure timely payment
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with current CPA certification
- 3-5 years experience in accounting or finance, small business or startup experience preferred
- Experience in project accounting, familiarity with Kimble or similar project management system preferred
- Familiar with Xero accounting system preferred
- Expert in Office Excel able to use pivot tables and visualise data in a compelling way
- Demonstrated ability to manage cashflow
- Attention to detail while seeing the bigger picture (can see both the trees and the forest)
- Able to be hands on and problem solve on the fly
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise workflow and time effectively
- Act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the table
- Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- A wonderful communicator able to convey complex ideas into a clear, easy to understand manner
- Support others wherever possible and asks for support when needed
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Company wide profit sharing platform
- Generous training and development budget
- Paid training days
- Paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary caregivers
- Fortnightly catered lunches
- Quarterly socials
- Monthly chair massages
- Wide variety of snacks and bevvies
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!