QA Automation Engineer
At ustwo we are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our Technology team!
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we shape, design, build and test digital products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
As a tester you are a first class citizens of the product development process, not an afterthought. Our testers are integral part of the creative process, all the way from inception to shipping.
You have a natural curiosity for how systems work, an eye for detail and a methodical approach as the fundamental baseline for testers.
We strongly believe in cross discipline collaboration and have found that BDD is the best (but not the only) process for getting the whole team to sit down and talk before implementing new stories or features. Testers champion the BDD process and use it as a base for whatever automation might be necessary.
- Current in your practice. You have a good working understanding in user-centered processes and latest testing tools. You keep up with the latest trends in technology.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, promoting regular feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can handle with pressure and work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Adaptable. You can handle in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply design practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals
- 3+ Experience with Selenium or other test automation tools
- Active participation in sketching sessions
- Pair with developers on writing unit tests and UI automation test and fixing bugs
- Lead or facilitate BDD or Example Mapping sessions
- Find consistent and creative ways to test unique digital products
- Pair with UI and UX designers to ensure the product exceeds our client’s expectations
- Promote quality in all aspects of the product
- Explore the product from a user perspective
- Maintain tools and building systems related to the project
- Contribute to open source projects of tools that ustwo maintains
- Knowledge about CI servers, platform specific development tools, device farms, etc. (nice to have)