QA Automation Engineer (Freelancer, web)
At ustwo we shape, design, build and test digital products. We help our clients find solutions to their business problems. Those solutions can live in a small screen or a big screen, running anything from Android to iOS to web. Sometimes, the solution doesn't need a screen at all. Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality and encouraged to look beyond their immediate role.
Testers are 1st class citizens of the product development process, not an afterthought. Our testers are part of the creative process all the way from inception to shipping.
Project description: To build a design system component for a global health organisation to help unify the digital experience in their patient/clinicians applications. The freelance assignment will start on 18th of February for 2 months.
Who Are We Looking for?
- You'll have a solid understanding of, and experience with, a breadth of testing types and techniques
- You’ll have a passion for building and testing websites in both an exploratory and automated manner
- You'll have experience of working in an agile environment
- You’ll have a thirst for new testing knowledge and you like to share it
- You’re a great team player, strong verbal and written communicator
- You’ll have experience of mentoring junior team members where possible
- You’ll have strong analytical skills - understanding business requirements and an ability to drive conversations around quality with product owners and business customers.
- You’ll be responsible for creating and driving the test strategy
- You’ll have strong technical knowledge – be able to interpret technical designs and challenge design decisions
- You’ll have experience of Java, Junit, JSON and and Test Automation.
- You’ll have experience of using a BDD model and documenting test scenarios in Gherkin (GWT) format or feature files
- You’ll have hands-on experience of testing API (e.g. Postman) and in using Selenium
- You’ll have a great passion for exploratory testing – asking the “what if” questions and applying this to explore requirements, software, architecture etc.
- You’ll have experience of cloud technologies (Google cloud or AWS)
- You’ll have an appreciation for the non-functional and have some experience with Service continuity and Failure testing, Performance and Security for web services
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK from our London studio.
We build product using The Following Technologies
- AWS or Google cloud
Who we are:
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Above anything else, we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.