CFO & Company Secretary
Our mission is to inspire people to build the best digital experiences imaginable, to create meaningful value for our customers and to leave the world in a better place than which we found it.
Right now, there’s a unique opportunity to join our company at an executive position as the COO/CFO for the Studio Group. This is a part-time role (1 or 2 days per week).
Overall Mission & Requirement:
Our mission is to help brands and businesses create products and services that have a meaningful impact on people's lives. Your overall responsibilities will be a traditional Group CFO across ustwo.
The role of Group CFO role is an Executive leader at board level, working closely with other Finance & Operational leaders within ustwo, and as trusted advisor providing sound financial guidance in a global setting that demands keen business acumen. You will be the driver of Operational and Financial efficiencies and best practice.
Overall Summary of Role:
- You will have overall responsibility for the ustwo Group’s Financial and Operational integrity
- Drive all aspects of portfolio management, financial and statutory reporting for ustwo Group, ensuring that all business plans are aligned with broader strategic and financial objectives.
- Ensure robust financial management and control platform across ustwo that would support the individual business growth plans.
- Conceptualize and understand the key value drivers of the various businesses, implementing the appropriate financial measures to track and monitor performance, focusing on the true drivers of growth and return on investment; and to communicate these to the management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the organization’s capital management and funding activities, implementing the appropriate investment and financing strategies thus ensuring cost and capital efficiencies.
- Spearhead all group initiatives pertaining to financial controls and corporate governance for ustwo and to oversee and provide guidance for Finance business leaders in their day-to-day operations including areas such as financial control, financial and management accounting, tax, planning etc.
- Train and development Finance leaders to ensure a high level of professionalism in meeting the desired performance standards and functional objectives.
- Where required, lead M&A negotiations and financial evaluation of potential corporate development opportunities.
Ideally you will have:
- A Finance qualification/background with a deep understanding of portfolio management, family office operations or you will have a more traditional operations background with robust financial skills/ability/experience. You will have the relevant Financial qualifications expected for someone in this position - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA.
- A appreciation of working in creative, technology, design industries in a global organization.
- The ability for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
- The ability to be a key influencer and are comfortable representing the Finance perspective to senior stakeholders at board level.
- A high emotional intelligence to be able to connect with different mindsets and perspectives in a creative culture such as ustwo.
- A natural ability to persuade with the power of your argument.
- Experience of being an inspiring leader who will push, nudge, coach and motivate our Finance community.
- A naturally positive deposition and will pull on your leadership experience to energise your community through challenging times or times of change.
- An ability to foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
- The desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for the numbers
- Someone who has worked in Private Equity-backed company or worked in Private Equity is desirable but not essential