Client Business Partner, Banking/Finance
With extensive domain experience within Banking / Finance / FinTech, you’ll lead the charge in helping us build deep relationships within this sector. You’ll manage our ever-growing pipeline of Finance related leads, whilst contributing to ustwo’s business development strategy in collaboration with the team.This role has an initial 12-month term with potential to transition to permanent employment for the right person.
You’re a natural conversation starter, you build rapport quickly and take pride in creating and nurturing relationships. You have credibility within the industry which provides weight within your conversations. You’re thinking about and anticipating where the industry is headed and help position us as the ideal partners.
Day to day, you’ll be proactively meeting and engaging with the product, design, technology and larger Sydney business community. You’ll be instrumental in crafting well-considered responses to the needs of the brands, businesses, and product teams. You’ll own the client relationship from start to finish and ensure conversations convert into work for the studio.. You’re proactive, and two steps ahead of the client, anticipating needs and identifying partnership opportunities early. You set the agenda for your clients – showing them what ustwo can create with them and how we’ll achieve this together.
We’re a tight knit studio looking for a team player who can work across several projects and clients. To hit the ground running, you’ll have a well established background and network in Banking / Finance / FinTech. You will have a track record of working on high profile finance related projects that create value for the business and end users.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley) and ventures (Sway, Moodnotes). Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
How we deliver our business offering is refreshing. For us to truly have a ‘one team’ Agile approach, which is critical for successful collaboration, it’s essential that our clients are fully integrated into the team. As this can often mean guiding clients into the unknown, it’s crucial that we lead them through our transformational processes with complete transparency.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
How you will support our team, in summary:
- Leverage existing relationships and build new ones within the Banking / Finance / FinTech industry and convert opportunities to new projects
- Build a profile for ustwo in the marketplace by forging introductions to prospective clients, attending networking events and creating and capitalising on opportunities to build awareness of ustwo
- Own responses and proposals (document or presentation based) for briefs and RFPs from start to finish
- Manage our CRM and various tools, and contribute to forecasting as part of the global Business Development team
- Support internal content generation and business development programmes for relevant target industries
- Engage the studio in understanding what type of work drives them, and educate them as to how they can support business development at ustwo
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure a compelling conversation with the client, both at pre-sales and proposal stage
- Look for opportunities with both current and previous ustwo work to help demonstrate capability and build trust
What we’re looking for you to bring:
- 5+ years experience within the Banking / Finance / FinTech sector within highly collaborative roles
- Ideally, you would have worked within one of the ‘big four’ banking institutions, notable large corporates within Finance, or in a Finance-focused consulting firm, with a lean towards Sydney based connections
- A love of hunting out new relationships and new business opportunities with a demonstrated ability to convert ideas and discussions into tangible projects
- Entrepreneurial, collaborative, a strong negotiator and an ability to close deals
- Empathy for clients leading change and innovation in big companies
- Balance long-term relationship planning with current team project delivery in collaboration with project team
- Solid interpersonal skills – you’re comfortable working alongside technical directors, salespeople, designers, and CEOs alike
- A natural storyteller with the ability to take clients on a journey, strong with keynote / powerpoint
- The ability to navigate the financial aspects of client work and projects; you know your way around a spreadsheet and thrive on the data and detail
- Fluency in crafting business cases that helping clients understand what value can be gained, in addition to modeling out how they will expect to see a return on their investment
- Familiar with product delivery methodologies such as Agile and Lean
- Experience working in an agency environment is favourable but not a must
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer you the opportunity to be yourself, whilst delivering your best work. Bring your passion and help us make a difference!
We offer a competitive package as well as 25 days holiday, inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas. We also promote flexible working days.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.