Studio Manager (Adventure)
Get paid to spend 12 months supporting an amazing community of entrepreneurial humans where you'll learn all you need to make your own meaningful impact in the world.
ustwo Adventure is where ustwo builds companies - through community, through investment, and through philanthropy - to making a meaningful impact in the world. All of these activities bring together entrepreneurs with product vision, consumer insight, focused execution, and unwavering ambition. They’re also decent people; no egos, just human and just themselves. Read some of the things we've written about here.
We are looking for a person who is at the start of their career and wants to learn some ropes while becoming a part of a genuine community of creative humans. We believe Adventure is a place that gives people the network, lessons and confidence to go make their own meaningful impact in the world, and that is why we have structured this role to be a 12-month rotation. For the right candidate, it is a springboard into bigger things and for us it offers another way to keep things fresh.
A critical part of Adventure is the community of individuals and companies it comes in contact with. The majority of this community has a home on the Adventure Playground, a shared workspace within ustwo’s London studio.
Your role will be broadly split into two areas: managing our studio space and supporting the community through events. You will apply your creativity and eye for design to make the Playground a place where teams feel at home and able to be at their best. Through organising events, socials and workshops, you will strengthen the Adventure community and ensure knowledge and ideas are circulating freely.
These are the values, abilities and skills we expect you to come with:
- The desire to uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo values
- Always Be Human in every action and have a customer-centric approach
- Always finding ways to Raise the Bar by showing your ability to surprise and delight (keeping the floor fresh!)
- Initiative that allows you to deliver projects independently
- The willingness to learn new things and from those around you by fostering a “community” where everyone can Learn Together
- Excellent listening skills, collaborative and transparent.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. You will Use the Freedom of this role to take initiative to change and improve things
- Bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and help those around you Enjoy the Journey
- Understand and appreciate that the physical studio environment is a powerful tool to unlock creativity (i.e., looking to create ‘touch points’ of intrigue that get people thinking differently)
- An appreciation for and belief in non-linear outcomes (we’ll explain this more in person)
- 'Own' the studio from a visual point of view
- Ensure guests are well taken care of and have the right ustwo Adventure experience
- Apply creative thinking (i.e., limited budget!) to help us use our space effectively
- Manage service provider relationships (security system, IT, cleaners)
- Keep the office kitchen and amenities well stocked
- Organise events, socials and workshops to build the adventure community
- Drive engagement with community activities
- Plan and lead our monthly Adventure Roundtable discussions
- Act as a conduit between ustwo and Adventure to cross-pollinate knowledge and give both sides access to help, advice and inspiration
- Periodically conduct surveys/feedback sessions and action feedback that can improve the community
- Track and manage floor operational finances, with support from the Adventure Director
The salary for this role is £23,000. You will have 20 days holiday plus the week the studio is closed between Christmas and New Year.