Reports to leadership team of the London studio.
The Product Lead is key to ensuring that the work that we undertake with clients results in us shipping something together that both parties can be confident is commercially viable, meets key business objectives (not simply design objectives) and represents the optimal value we can possibly deliver in the time available.
Our Product Leads are all generally multidisciplinary and work on any given project depending on a number of key factors, for example:
- Project size
- Strategic criticality of project to client
- Project complexity
- Project timescales
- Calibre of product people on the client side – their skills, experience and availability for the project
Some pure design projects will require the minimum amount of support from a Product Lead, whilst complex, strategically critical, multisite/language/platform/technology projects, or those with limited client product capability generally require 100% commitment from the role and benefit from that focus.
As a successful Product Lead at ustwo, you’ll know when and where to seek out information, you are a good negotiator and will set your teams up for success by giving a clear direction and priorities for the product. You’ll facilitate constant communication and bring clarity to your team, the client and the ustwo leadership. You’ll be responsible for ensuring you are constantly moving towards a positive outcome for the project.
You are the client’s go-to person, guiding them through the ideation, design and development process. You are the counterpart to the client’s Product Owner and will fill any gaps in their experience to ensure our team can deliver to the set strategy and goals, giving you a unique opportunity to grow valued relationships with our clients and unlock work beyond the immediate project.
You bridge the gap between the business, technology and design. You can lead and motivate a cross-functional project team. You proactively look to move our client relationships, product practice and studio forward.
You have the knowledge to shape all aspects of a product and service. You feel as confident in making tough decisions and calling out issues on UX, design and build quality as you do setting expectations and managing stakeholders.
You are always helping us improve process, approaches and strategy for both the product team and the studio as a whole.
Ideally you have experience with the following:
You inspire and educate people and teams (including the client) of all levels and abilities, around getting the right product to market.
Creating successful product stories
You have significant experience leading the development of a diverse range of well loved digital products/services from end-to-end, scalable in size and complexity.
Taking calculated risks
You have fostered an experimental, hypotheses-led approach to design and business challenges.
Focussing on value creation
Experienced at applying frameworks to organisational challenges and can clearly explain your rationale for the methods used.
Helping others to succeed
Have a history of developing people and teams and have stories of your ability to identify and unlock the potential in others. It’s something you get great pleasure from.
Are a natural storyteller
You’re able to explain decisions as well as articulate concepts and ideas in a persuasive manner for our clients and teams alike.
Are commercially astute
Able to identify and influence new opportunities to grow products & projects. You can empathise with, and speak to, the client’s & ustwo commercial considerations.
You know where the bar is set, what clients are looking for and where product teams need to be aiming, drawing inspiration from outside.
Drive agile methodologies
Together with the coach, you’ll drive the team using agile/lean methodologies to deliver user and business value.
An individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- You will always find ways to Raise the Bar by being someone who challenges the way things are done and looks for better solutions.
- Collaborative and transparent. You're a team player who understands it’s important to Learn Together.
- You’re never afraid to speak your mind, and are clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone with gravitas and influence to deal with senior stakeholders within ustwo and client-side.
- Someone who is able to deliver to their deadlines.
- You will bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, training & development budget and company wide profit sharing platform.
25 days of holidays are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.