Senior UI Designer (Visual)
DISCLAIMER(WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS WITH A PORTFOLIO/WEBSITE)
Your role as a designer at ustwo™
ustwo™ is a fun and creative digital product studio at the heart of Malmö and we are currently looking for a very talented UI Designer (Visual) who would love to create high quality digital products with us. More precisely, we are searching for an expert who can design engaging user experiences for different platforms, especially mobile devices and have a proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences.
We are seeking for someone who has abilities to work with concept development, and who challenges the interaction/UX paradigms - not just following wireframes - as well as creating a visually unique experience. We expect you to be able to design coherent cross-platform user experiences (desktop, mobile, TV…) to match both clients’ and users’ needs in various situations while making sure to create the most appropriate solution for the project. You will typically develop visual and/or interaction elements, iterating and refining them towards a polished design, considering things like layout, navigation, flows, iconography, typography etc. along the way.
In this role, you will be working closely with other designers and developers to build disruptive digital products, requiring you to be open. You have the ability to communicate your views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach. Finally, this can also lead to work on site with the client from time to time.
For this position we welcome both permanent hires and freelancers.
As a UI Designer (Visual designer) you will:
- Create visually engaging, innovative and functional Mobile and Web products.
- Interpret the client’s brand and visual identity and translate it (in several iterations) into compelling high-end visuals, and find an appropriate balance between incorporating new trends and following the brand identity guidelines.
- Create iconography and illustrative elements that enhance the visual experience
- Create motion concepts to illustrate your ideas & interaction principles.
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, Invision, Marvel, etc.
- Iterate on your ideas and designs based on user input and feedback from your team.
- Ideally have some experience in how to work in sprints (agile) and plan your work accordingly.
- Present the user-interface visually so that information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Work in a cross-functional team with other designers, developers and product owners to build user-friendly digital products and services for a range of clients.
- Attend appropriate conferences and training events when required.
As a designer you:
- Are not just another UI/UX designer but have something special - that little extra spark or knowledge to bring to the ustwo design team. You have a strong passion and talent for all things digital, and you are able to inspire your teammates with a fresh perspective. Finally, you never settle for good enough, you look to raise the bar.
- Are curious and updated on trends, always eager to try new things out and share your newest discoveries with your team.
- Are not only following design trends but bringing them into your work and adding your personality to it. You push for the next improvement in your work and love to learn from and with your teammates, be it about new methods, tools or ways of working.
- Always make sure you stay on top of things in your project to meet the deadlines, project requirements and quality expectations.
- Are a team player. You understand the power and value of feedback and in fact see it as the key component of becoming a better designer. You are a good listener and observer of people.
- Believe motion design is not just a nice-to-have, but an essential part of creating delightful interactions and experiences.
- Have the drive and discipline to see your ideas through in every detail and make things pixel perfect.
Requirements (Key skills and experience):
- Proficiency in design, prototyping & motion tools (Sketch, Adobe suite, Invision Marvel, Principle, etc).
- Proven ability to design brand identities, grid systems, responsive layouts and applications for web, desktop and mobile.
- Ability to refine other people’s ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly designed visual experience.
- Strong aesthetic skills, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- A basic understanding web and native technologies and the differences between them.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Having an experience in user testing is an advantage.
- You are proficient in English.
Your basic qualifications are:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in design (e.g. visual communications, interaction, graphic, product, industrial, service design), human-computer interaction, OR computer science.
- A portfolio reflecting a strong design sense and problem-solving skills, one that illustrates all above-mentioned points.
We would be thrilled if you also have an interest or experience in:
- IOT and/or VR.
- Motion design & illustration.
- Proficiency in Swedish is a plus.
ustwo™ is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and promote flexible working days.
Preferred starting date - as soon as possible. We will have an ongoing review of applications.