Full Stack Developer
Do you enjoy working closely with designers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to work alongside designers, developers, agile coaches, and testers. You will be working on projects from inception to delivery and be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
Top candidates for this role desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, have a high focus on producing robust, functional, and quality software and believe in the “art of the possible” striking the right balance between idealism and pragmatism with your solution.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU'll DO...
- Design, maintain and push code quality standards within projects aiming for stability, scalability and maintainability.
- Anticipate project development needs, raising potential issues to team and client early and proactively seeking solutions.
- Tailor and use the right development process within projects and the engineering team.
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and testers in order to successfully launch stable digital products.
- Use a holistic lens in coding, ensuring high usability, accessibility and embracing design standards.
- Introduce new technologies and engages tech team to consider applications for current or future projects.
- Champion agile/lean approach when required.
- Create prototypes and use analytics to help prove or disprove hypothesis.
- Experience with web technologies including but not limited to Node, Rails or Python
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 and CSS3.
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Know of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Redux, Angular, Web Sockets, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve.
NICE TO HAVE...
- Development or Computer Science related degree.
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web application.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with / interest in functional programming.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment.
- Be passionate about development.
- Have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Be able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
Above all we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. And we just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to, a company wide profit sharing platform, training budget, 25 days holiday, inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas and also promote flexible working days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.