Head of People Part Time (Games)
ustwo games is a 18 person-strong mobile games studio making interactive entertainment that brings the best of the medium to everyone, focussing on user experience, elegance in presentation and emotional impact. From our BAFTA-winning global hit Monument Valley to innovative virtual reality experience Land’s End, we hope our dedication to craft and platform-perfect design shows in every product we create.
We’re looking for someone to join the studio management team as Head of People and lead our efforts to be a welcoming, inspiring and productive place to work; attracting, supporting and developing the brightest gaming talent in the industry.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional with a strong UK generalist background. Working as a team with the local Studio Manager, you will take a lead role in defining our HR practices with a focus on owning the people agenda, defining our approach to talent, compliance and performance to build the right culture.
We have plans to grow carefully in the next year and you will play a key part in evolving the way we operate, to provide great support and direction whilst allowing people to concentrate on what they are best at.
If you’re passionate about helping transform workplaces and supporting creative teams to grow and feel empowered – then please get in touch.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the Studio Manager, Finance Controller and Studio Leadership, you’ll be able to understand the needs of the studio and our people, as well as identifying relevant industry trends that help maintain our progressive culture.
What this will look like:
- Responsible for employee life cycle administration – Ensure they are hygienic and then ensure they are the best!
- Be the point of contact for HR related questions (e.g. benefits)
- Own day to day Games admin (sick/holiday) and update management as necessary
- Maintain Games employee files locally (and ensure historic files are also correct)
- Maintain and update as necessary all HR templates to ensure they are legally compliant and reflect any policy changes
- Be the point of contact for new HR system & be the HR data ‘owner’
- Become the point of contact for HR third parties (e.g. pension/childcare vouchers)
Source and Select
- Create a framework for diverse and pro-active recruitment practices
- Be responsible for the end to end talent acquisition process
- Be part of the interview panel
- Up skill managers so they know best recruitment practices
- Escalation point for conflict resolution
- Give guidance and ‘own’ ER cases
- Proactively manage all aspects of Games remuneration – Frame work, bench-marking, recommendations, market trends
- Lead on all visa process and ensure on-going compliance
- Support relocations
- Be the strategic voice of the people in Games
- Be the POC for London re. any Group wide HR programmes
- Be the day to day pastoral ‘carer’ for Games
- Become the Games coach – For employees and mangers
- Create and maintain a r/ship with London HR for support/updates/mentoring etc
- Create an appropriate and exciting on boarding programme (e.g buddy system/induction to London)
- Lead a clear L&D programme in line with policy and talent needs
- Review and maintain London policies to fit the Games culture and future proof
- Review current line management structure
- Co-Create a new Games work experience programme
- Review working practice and research best practice – Recommendations and implementation
Who you might be:
· You’ve partnered closely with management to support the whole range of employee lifecycle milestones in depth. You’ve accumulated a broad range of HR experience with proven ability handling complex cases within the UK.
· Ideally you have experience supporting SME businesses within tech and creative industries.
· Ideally you are CIPD qualified, with broad Generalist HR experience.
· You have had previous experience of coaching staff and managers to support them in their work and Personal Development.
· You thrive when interacting with people, and actively seek out an understanding of their skills, experience, and ambitions.
· You’re known for a great communication style and can be described as having a collaborative and inclusive manner.
· You’re always looking for ways to improve the employee experience in line with business goals and values and have introduced new approaches based on your own research and insights.
· You’re operationally effective. You know how to prioritise your work and can adapt to change when required.
· You are aware of current trends, tools and workplace practices to ensure we have proactively support people and companies working to their potential. That can come in the form of engagement, wellbeing and L&D tools but also an articulated position on other areas such as D&I, Brexit, Maternity / Paternity and flexible working.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to a company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, life assurance, private medical and amazing family policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.) We also promote flexible working days.