Head of People Part Time (Games)
ustwo games is a 18 person-strong mobile games studio making interactive entertainment that brings the best of the medium to everyone, focussing on user experience, elegance in presentation and emotional impact. From our BAFTA-winning global hit Monument Valley to innovative virtual reality experience Land’s End, we hope our dedication to craft and platform-perfect design shows in every product we create.
We’re looking for someone to join the studio management team as Head of People and lead our efforts to be a welcoming, inspiring and productive place to work; attracting, supporting and developing the brightest gaming talent in the industry.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional with a strong UK generalist background. Working as a team with the local Studio Manager, you will take a lead role in defining our HR practices with a focus on owning the people agenda, defining our approach to talent, compliance and performance to build the right culture.
We have plans to grow carefully in the next year and you will play a key part in evolving the way we operate, to provide great support and direction whilst allowing people to concentrate on what they are best at.
If you’re passionate about helping transform workplaces and supporting creative teams to grow and feel empowered – then please get in touch.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with the Studio Manager, Finance Controller and Studio Leadership, you’ll be able to understand the needs of the studio and our people, as well as identifying relevant industry trends that help maintain our progressive culture.
What this will look like:
Advise: You’re a trusted advisor for everyone in the workplace, employees and leadership alike, guiding sensitively around policy and legislation across all HR matters. You will take a leading role with ER matters, with a focus to define and build a framework that supports personal development.
Improve: Advocate and administer the regular evaluation of our People processes to ensure that they are effective in enhancing our values and mission and also that they are carried out efficiently. You’re adept at putting business cases together based on sound rationale.
Coach: Using sound people management and coaching expertise, you will dig into the team and cross discipline dynamics of our studio. You will offer sound guidance and your empathetic and supportive approach will help our people to achieve their goals. You are interested in doing all this within the particular needs of a creative environment.
Partner: Working alongside studio leadership, you will be able to advise and coordinate strategic workforce planning, in line with team and studio goals.
Source and Select: Work with our hiring teams to find the best people who can grow our culture and shape our future products.
Who you might be:
· You’ve partnered closely with management to support the whole range of employee lifecycle milestones in depth. You’ve accumulated a broad range of HR experience with proven ability handling complex cases within the UK.
· Ideally you have experience supporting SME businesses within tech and creative industries.
· Ideally you are CIPD qualified, with broad Generalist HR experience.
· You have had previous experience of coaching staff and managers to support them in their work and Personal Development.
· You thrive when interacting with people, and actively seek out an understanding of their skills, experience, and ambitions.
· You’re known for a great communication style and can be described as having a collaborative and inclusive manner.
· You’re always looking for ways to improve the employee experience in line with business goals and values and have introduced new approaches based on your own research and insights.
· You’re operationally effective. You know how to prioritise your work and can adapt to change when required.
· You are aware of current trends, tools and workplace practices to ensure we have proactively support people and companies working to their potential. That can come in the form of engagement, wellbeing and L&D tools but also an articulated position on other areas such as D&I, Brexit, Maternity / Paternity and flexible working.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to a company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, life assurance, private medical and amazing family policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.) We also promote flexible working days.