Senior Product Designer (Visual)
As an ustwo Senior Product Designer (Visual), you will be responsible for creating beautiful interfaces for digital products across multiple platforms. You’ll drive all visual aspects of the product design process, from working with the team to sketch early concepts, building and testing prototypes, crafting well considered interfaces, and delivering production assets for development.
You’ll be working with designers and developers in highly collaborative lean/agile teams. As a senior member of the product design team, you will lead by example, support others, and champion visual design both within projects and across the visual design discipline as a whole.
You’ll be facilitating client workshops and collaborating closely with them to realise their digital product’s potential.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley) and ventures (Sway, Moodnotes). Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO...
- Drive visual aspects of the product design process within projects
- Design interfaces for native mobile and web platforms
- Guide clients using your concepts and ideas to influence their decisions
- Champion visual design within the design team supporting others to learn and be their best
- Collaborate with UX designers on user research and product strategy
- Use motion design to support or embellish the user experience
- Engage in team critiques and present work to the design team
- Plan and facilitate workshops with your team
- Visualise concepts to demonstrate your ideas and thinking, and use these skills to help others surface their own
- Strong understanding and application of graphic design fundamentals (Hierarchy, typography, colour, shape, image, layout)
- Solid experience in UI and visual design across a range of digital platforms, including iOS, Android and web
- An understanding of interaction design and an ability to work with other UX designers on a project to bring a product to life
- Working knowledge of user experience design and product strategy
- Know when to pull together a quick low fidelity prototype or explain micro interactions through code or motion design
- An understanding of usability principles and techniques
- An ability to demonstrate meaningful motion design
- Experience working in an agile development team and an understanding of the agile development process
- Confidence working independently as well as within a team
- The ability to communicate the bigger picture as well as getting into the details of design work
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback well in order to improve and develop
- An interest in developing your skills and sharing knowledge with fellow peers
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to facilitate workshop activities
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to company wide profit sharing platform and training budget. 25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas. We also promote flexible working days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.