Senior UX Designer
Your role as a designer at ustwo™
ustwo™ is a fun and creative digital product studio at the heart of Malmö and we are currently looking for a talented senior UX Designer who would love to create astonishing digital products with us. More precisely, we are searching for an expert who can design engaging user experiences for different platforms, especially mobile devices and have a proven track-record for shipping high quality experiences. For this position, Swedish is a must and you shall be prepared to work on site with the client.
In this role, you will be working closely with other designers and developers for one of the major actors, on site with the client, in the Skåne region. You have the ability to communicate your views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach. We believe that bringing different perspectives together also brings new thinking and the best results in the final outcome. For this position we welcome both permanent hires and freelancers.
As a designer you
- are not just another UX designer but have something special - that little extra spark or knowledge to bring to the ustwo design team. You have a strong passion and talent for all things digital, and you are able to inspire your teammates with a fresh perspective.
- are curious and updated on trends, always eager to try new things out and share your newest discoveries with your team.
- are not only following design trends but bringing them into your work and adding your personality to it. You push for the next improvement in your work and love to learn from and with your teammates, be it about new methods, tools or ways of working.
- always make sure you stay on top of things in your project to meet the deadlines, project requirements and quality expectations.
- are a team player. You understand the power and value of feedback/testing and in fact see it as the key component of becoming a better designer. You are a good listener and observer of people.
- have the drive and discipline to see your ideas through in every detail and make things pixel perfect.
As a UX designer you will
- conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements as well as validating (or disproving) our assumptions.
- analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new ideas and designs.
- create wireframes, Hi-Lo fidelity prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, Invision, Marvel, etc.
- iterate on your ideas and designs based on user input and feedback from your team
- work in a cross-functional team with other designers, developers and product owners to build user-friendly digital products and services for a range of clients.
- attend appropriate conferences and training events when required.
The key skills and experience needed to do well in this role
- You have experience in how to work in sprints (agile) and plan your work accordingly.
- An extensive working knowledge of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Invision Marvel, Principle etc).
- Being proficient in wireframing and producing concept sketches, user flows, storyboards and prototypes.
- Designing application user interfaces (including information architecture and interaction design).
- Researching UI design and development techniques to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex UI problems.
- Expert level proficiency in user research and usability testing.
- Extensive experience with mobile and responsive design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- A good understanding of web and native technologies and the differences between them.
- A strong passion for design and your craft. Without passion, nothing flies at ustwo.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and the ability to create rationales and persuade the client and team for a given design direction.
- You are proficient in Swedish (all applications without this will not be considered).
- You must have at least 6+ years industry experience in UX/UI design.
- A portfolio reflecting a strong design sense and problem-solving skills, one that illustrates all above-mentioned points.
- You are fine with working on site with the client.
We would be thrilled if you also have an interest or experience in
- IOT and/or VR
- Data analytics
- Strategy and client management
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and promote flexible working days.
Preferred starting date - as soon as possible. We will have an ongoing review of applications.