Senior Front-End Developer (6 month contract)
Do you enjoy working closely with designers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for a Senior Front-End Developer who is comfortable across the full stack to work alongside designers for a client project. You will be working on the project from inception and be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right. We work onsite with our clients 4 days a week to create a one team approach and every Friday all teams get together in the studio.
All candidates must be located in the Sydney area with valid working rights for Australia.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO...
- Design the best approach to integrating with other systems, including the use of stubs where backend systems aren’t yet in place
- Determine the technical feasibility of design solutions with the team
- Participate in code reviews with other developers
- Use Git for source control with a high level of proficiency (branching, rolling backwards and forwards through commits)
- Automate your workflow and use tools to improve your efficiency
- Prototype creative ideas quickly and efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser capabilities
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git and GitHub collaboration
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.