Android Developer - Freelance
We're thrilled to be searching for a talented Android Developer to join our growing New York team. As a senior addition to our studio, you will be a part of a multi-functional team of developers, designers, project managers, and testers. Each day you'll work on a variety of projects for a wide range of our amazing clients, as well as our own products and services.
When it comes to our approach, we prioritize collaboration, remarkable quality and a 'get stuff done' attitude, but definitely don't forget to have fun along the way. This allows us to deliver beautiful products and create extraordinary user experiences together, as one team.
At ustwo, we don't do "traditional agency", demand crazy hours, or ask you to sacrifice your social life in the name of clients. Day in and day out, you'll do the best work of your life, craft innovative projects with amazing teams, deliver cream-of-the-crop digital products to some of the biggest and most kick-ass brands on the planet, and have a blast doing it.
- Highly collaborative. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who prefers to work with a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting. "Afraid to fail" and "play it safe" aren't in your vocabulary, but you're willing to admit your weaknesses and when you're wrong, in the name of personal and professional growth.
- Naturally motivated and self driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with.
- An industry veteran; you've overcome some serious challenges and tackled problems that most would have shied away from.
If the above rings true, you've got what it takes to join our team. Keep reading...
...Don't look at these as hard-and-fast requirements, but, rather, as a guide to who we are looking for...
- 5+ years of experience
- Serious skills in Java for Android
- Knowledge of common design patterns, frameworks and libraries for Android
- A deep passion for code quality and craftsmanship
- Experience building testable, scalable and maintainable products
- Interest in UI development
WE'D LOVE IF YOU HAVE...
- Experience in Android Wear
- Interest in design
- Experience in automated testing and a test driven approach
- Experience / interested in functional programming
- Experience with additional platforms and languages such as C/C++, OpenGL, Swift etc.
- An active Github account..please share it with us!
- Collaborate with your project team to deliver a high-quality product
- Coordinate technical requirements with client-side development teams
- Maintain your own workflow and planning together with your team
- Contribute to the intellectual and physical growth of the ustwo Tech Team at large
- Contribute to the growth of ustwo's reputation in NYC
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Flexible work environment and work hours
- Potential for Temp -> Perm for the right candidate
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our hearts, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers, and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Our work environment is very open and creative. We believe in creating a space where everyone can feel comfortable, safe, and at home. Catch a glimpse at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7sAt4LnefQ&featur...
ustwo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training