ustwo New York is excited to be on the hunt for for an HR Generalist to help our team uncover opportunities to attract, support and develop the brightest collaborators in the digital product industry. If you’re passionate about helping transform workplaces and creating a culture of shared learning – then please get in touch.
Working closely with other members of the Ops Team, you’ll be able to understand the needs of the studio and our people, as well as identify relevant industry trends that help maintain ustwo’s progressive culture.
As an HR Generalist you will:
- Be the primary contact for all HR related initiatives in the studio
- Take responsibility for all areas of the ‘employee cycle’ including (but not limited to) recruitment processes, employment contract and conditions, visas, compensation & benefits, payroll, on-boarding, working environment, performance and development processes and off-boarding.
- Support activities related to team engagement and culture
- Support local leadership team with organizational and people related challenges including facilitation of the processes, ensuring appropriate communication and impact assessment
- Monitor and ensure that fairness, consistency and legislation is applied to all people processes
- Support in fostering a work environment that attracts, motivates and retains key performers in line with the changing needs of the business
- Ensure the studio at all times is following employment laws and best practices
- Work with our hiring teams to find the best people who can grow our culture and shape our future
- A strong collaborator who will work with the NY Ops team and the other People Leads in our other studios to drive and advocate People related activities
- A trusted advisor for everyone in the workplace, guiding sensitively around policy and legislation across all HR matters.
- Capable of influencing, evaluating, and managing priorities effectively and efficiently
- Able to be both a team player and work autonomously
- Someone who believes no task is too small and is willing to wear a few hats to support the team
- An advocate for an inclusive and equal workplace in line with our studio inclusivity and diversity initiatives
- An excellent communicator
- At least 4 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in attracting, coaching, and retaining a diverse, professionally thriving, and high-performing staff.
- Experience with compensation & benefits, and knowledge of the NYC market to keep ustwo competitive
- An understanding of creative and technical talent, the differences in recruitment processes across all proficiencies, and how that plays with ustwo’s culture and the current workforce landscape in New York
- Expertise in US employment law and regulations
- A passion for supporting others and ensuring effective policies and procedures are in place designed to support people to enjoy and do their best work
- Experience with TriNet
- A mindset around continuous improvement
We’d Love If You Have...
- A strong understanding of the agency model and how people, culture, and business are equally important pieces of that puzzle.
- Experience in a similar role in another growing business, with evidence of successfully driving and implementing HR initiatives
- Work with leadership on the interpretation of engagement data and ensure its effective communication.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Annual all expenses paid company-wide summer trip
- Flexible work hours
- Employee discounts via TriNet Perks program
Full Benefits Deck Here
ustwo is a global, independent design and development studio, building award winning digital products, services, and businesses. Across our four studios in London, Malmo, New York, and Sydney, we partner with the world's leading brands on innovative projects, ranging from apps and interfaces to service design. We also create our own products and games, in addition to incubating and building disruptive digital startups. In a nutshell, ustwo is a studio like no other.
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our DNA, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.