Junior Hybrid (UX/UI) Designer
Your role within ustwo™
ustwo™ is a fun and creative digital product studio at the heart of Malmö and we are currently looking for talented Junior Hybrid Designers (UI/UX) who would love to create astonishing digital products with us. We are looking for someone who can easily switch between typical UI and UX tasks depending on the project, opportunities and needs. We expect you to be able to design coherent cross-platform user experiences (desktop, mobile, TV…) to match both clients’ and users’ needs in various situations while making sure to create the most appropriate solution for the project. You will typically develop visual and/or interaction elements, iterating and refining them towards a polished design, considering things like layout, navigation, flows, iconography typography etc. along the way.
In this role, you will be working closely with other designers and developers, requiring you to be open. You have the ability to communicate your views and designs to different people, but also positively challenge them with a proactive approach. We believe that bringing different perspectives together also brings new thinking and the best results in the final outcome.
As a designer you:
- Are not just another UI/UX designer but have something special - that little extra spark or knowledge to bring to the ustwo design team. You have a strong passion and talent for all things digital, and you are able to inspire your teammates with a fresh perspective.
- Are curious and updated on trends, always eager to try new things out and share your newest discoveries with your team.
- Are not only following design trends but bringing them into your work and adding your personality to it. You push for the next improvement in your work and love to learn from and with your teammates, be it about new methods, tools or ways of working.
- Always make sure you stay on top of things in your project to meet the deadlines, project requirements and quality expectations.
- Are a team player. You understand the power and value of feedback and in fact see it as the key component of becoming a better designer. You are a good listener and observer of people.
- Have the drive and discipline to see your ideas through in every detail and make things pixel perfect.
As a Hybrid (UI/UX) designer you will:
- Conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs meet client and user requirements as well as validating (or disproving) our assumptions.
- Analyse all research and feedback to gain user insight – and incorporate this feedback into new ideas and designs.
- Assist in the production of wireframes, prototypes, concept sketches, interaction designs and user flows using tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, Principle, Invision, Marvel, etc.
- Interpret the client’s brand and visual identity and translate it (in several iterations) into compelling high-end visuals, and find an appropriate balance between incorporating new trends and following the brand identity guidelines.
- Iterate on your ideas and designs based on user input and feedback from your team.
- Ideally have some experience in how to work in sprints (agile) and plan your work accordingly.
- Work in a cross-functional team with other designers, developers and product owners to build user-friendly digital products and services for a range of clients.
- Attend appropriate conferences and training events when required.
The key skills and experience needed to do well in this role:
- A good working knowledge of design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Invision Marvel, Principle etc).
- Proficient in wireframing and comfortable producing concept sketches, user flows, storyboards and prototypes.
- Some experience with user research and usability testing.
- Experience with mobile and responsive design.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- A basic understanding web and native technologies and the differences between them.
- A strong passion for design and your craft. Without passion, nothing flies at ustwo.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
Your basic qualifications are:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in design (e.g. visual communications, interaction, graphic, product, industrial, service design), human-computer interaction, OR computer science.
- A portfolio reflecting a strong design sense and problem-solving skills, one that illustrates all above-mentioned points.
We would be thrilled if you also have an interest or experience in:
- IOT and/or VR
- data analytics
- motion design, service design, illustration, photography
- strategy and client management
ustwo™ is committed to make a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products, we hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and promote flexible working days.
We are able to sponsor visas for exceptional international applicants.
There will be an ongoing review of applications, as the preferred start date would be as soon as possible.