Full Stack Developer
ustwo engineering is looking for a full-stack software engineer to help us grow our web team.
In this role, you will:
- Build scalable server/client-side systems
- Build prototypes to help explore new propositions
- Champion our ways of working and developer workflows with our clients
- Help us improve our tools, processes, and knowledge
The ideal candidate thrives in a small team of outstanding developers working together to solve difficult problems and build great features in a cross-functional team of developers, designers, product owners and agile coaches.
We work on projects that make a meaningful impact to our clients, their customers, and the world. We work very hard to win interesting and challenging projects. Many of our client relationships span multiple years and projects. We work across the project lifecycle, from highly strategic discovery work to large-scale build projects and everything in between.
Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality, and hence encouraged to look beyond their immediate role. It’s also great fun working at ustwo!
We have a very warm and welcoming culture. We are a very transparent company and work hard to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and very much value diversity and inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, stories and backgrounds.
- Experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud (Google Cloud Platform or AWS) and experience with configuration management tools like (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with containerised services and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience in at least one of Node, Ruby, Go and also experience with more than 1 language (less relevant which one).
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5, ES6/7 and CSS3/4.
- Applying the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, Rx, etc.)
- Awareness of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Vue.js, Redux, etc.)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
NICE TO HAVE
- Development or Computer Science related degree.
- Experience with API integration / testing / design / implementation, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience in building highly scalable and resilient web application.
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (PostCSS, Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Hands on, passionate, persistent, result-oriented, and humble — you get things done
- Have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge.
- Welcome feedback and look to improve project development and understanding.
- Able to communicate well with non-technical team members or stakeholders
- Be able to work to deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
We're a people centred company, we don't care about how you look, who you choose to live your private life with or the colour of your skin. We care about you being nice to work with, passionate about what you do and show evidence of the the right technical skills.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, life assurance, private medical, training budget and amazing family policies.
25 days holiday, inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas. We also promote flexible working days.