Do you want to help build a product engineering team while staying close to coding? Are you passionate about the latest technology trends and look for opportunities to experiment across platforms?
As an Engineering Lead, you will support and guide the engineering team and help to expand our technical offerings. You will work within and across projects to ensure best tech and design practices. You will champion the latest technologies and seek ways to integrate them into our work and internal projects. You will support business development efforts from a tech perspective helping to scope future work and ensure projects are technically feasible.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own IP (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Contribute in projects working alongside designers and developers to deliver high quality digital products.
- Be available across projects as required to support technical decisions and direction.
- Provide technical input to business development to ensure that we commit to the type of work that challenges the development team and pushes us to new places.
- Ensure that platforms and solutions meet the client’s needs while also being technically feasible.
- Empower and build the engineering team to meet project and business needs.
- Provide developers with high level advice, troubleshooting & direction.
- Be a community leader offering guidance on learning, reviews and career progression.
- Cultivate a strong pipeline of talent that can be drawn on for project specific work (avoid last minute hires whenever possible).
- Build permanent team capabilities in full stack, QA, data engineering and mobile.
- Identify and implement ongoing improvements in our development process.
- Understanding technology changes and trends to help us make the best choices about the kind of projects to work on, and how to implement them.
- Encourage and support sharing and learning across disciplines to support a culture of learning.
- Coach internal R&D projects to ensure we’re incorporating the right technology and helping push boundaries.
- Keeping the wider team informed and excited about technology.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders in other ustwo studios (London, Malmo, New York) to share best practices.
- Strong technical understanding across platforms being well versed in native mobile and web platforms and backend integrations.
- Technically agnostic, able to use the best tools for the project requirements.
- Understands systems architecture and platforms in the context of delivering web and mobile products
- Champion agile/lean approaches when required.
- Able to provide accurate estimations and practical recommendations to ensure that projects are delivered within the available budgets and timeframes.
- Able to communicate with clients in a clear, confident and professional manner whilst building trust and lasting relationship.
- A natural empathy and understanding of people empowerment to motivate and inspire
- A continued desire to learn and share knowledge with team - keep up to date by seeking out new techniques and technologies
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to company wide profit sharing platform and training budget.
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas. We also promote flexible working days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.