People Lead (12 month maternity cover)
ustwo London is a 90+ strong studio full of creative, diverse and passionate digital product people working to improve people’s daily lives through digital experiences. Together we partner with clients, form new ventures and release our own products across healthcare, automotive, retail, finance, loyalty and beyond.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional with a strong UK generalist background to help uncover opportunities to attract, support and develop the brightest collaborators in the digital product industry.
Working as a team with a local HR Generalist we expect responsibilities to be shared according to communities of practice and knowledge to be shared across the global people team community but taking an overall team lead role and owning ER and compliance.
If you’re passionate about helping transform workplaces and creating a culture of shared learning – then please get in touch.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with other members of the People Team, locally and globally, you’ll be able to understand the needs of the studio and our people, as well as identifying relevant industry trends that help maintain ustwo’s progressive culture. What this will look like:
Source and Select: Work with our hiring teams to find the best people who can grow our culture and shape our future products using fair systems that minimise bias.
Advise: You’re a trusted advisor for everyone in the workplace, employees and managers alike, guiding sensitively around policy and legislation across all HR matters. You will take a leading role with ER matters.
Improve: Advocate and administer the regular evaluation of our People Processes to ensure that they are effective in enhancing our values and mission and also that they are carried out efficiently. You’re adept at putting business cases together based on sound rationale.
Partner: Work with leadership on the interpretation of engagement data and ensure its effective communication. Advise and coordinate strategic workforce planning activities around agreed actions and goals with respective teams.
Administer: You’ll maintain our business systems, server, Google Docs, Trello boards and benefits vendors. We’re looking to switch business systems in 2017, so data cleansing and DRM will be inevitable.
Who you might be:
- You’ve partnered closely with management to support the whole range of employee lifecycle milestones in depth. You’ve accumulated a broad range of HR experience with proven ability handling complex cases within the UK.
- Ideally you have experience supporting SME businesses within tech and creative industries.
- You thrive when interacting with people, and actively seek out an understanding of their skills, experience, and ambitions.
- You’re known for a great communication style and can be described as having a collaborative and inclusive manner.
- You’re always looking for ways to improve the employee experience in line with business goals and values and have introduced new approaches based on your own research and insights.
- You’re operationally effective. You know how to prioritise your work and can adapt to change when required.
- You are aware of current trends, tools and workplace practices to ensure we have proactively support people and companies working to their potential. That can come in the form of engagement, wellbeing and L&D tools but also an articulated position on other areas such as D&I, Brexit and flexible working.
- You happily put your energies into the less exciting but still essential administrative tasks such as payroll, systems admin etc.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, training & development budget and company wide profit sharing platform.
25 days of holidays are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.