Who we are:
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.
We're looking for an Android developer to join the team at our London studio. We work on an exciting range of client projects for companies you'll have heard of, as well as our own projects like Moodnotes and innovative accessibility platform Wayfindr. We have a strong team of Android, web and iOS developers who directly collaborate with our talented designers and coaches to produce outstanding software experiences for users.
What you can expect of us
We champion unrivalled user experience design and best-in-class technical practices, but we recognise that product is so much more than either of these in isolation. For us, the magic happens when these elements come together to form a product that, at its core, is centred on real human needs. And when it comes to quality, we literally wrote the book on how to deliver Pixel Perfect Precision.
We form meaningful partnerships, but we also recognise the value of going it alone from time to time so that we can learn from a whole range of experiences. We put a large percentage of our profits directly back into these initiatives, so that we can continue to innovate and learn. We also share these rewards amongst ustwobies as we recognise the value in creating opportunities for our staff and in retaining the best design and engineering talent in the industry.
When it comes to our community, we're people centred and actively seek to work with people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We fundamentally care about you being nice to work with, passionate about what you do and demonstrating the right technical skills.
What we expect
These are the kinds of skills and attitude that we expect you to bring to ustwo. We don't expect you to have all of these skills; the more you can demonstrate and aspire towards, the better!
- a great track record of Android development and Android best practices including RxJava and Dependency Injection - Please provide links to published apps/personal github if any
- a good understanding of design patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- experience with automated testing frameworks and techniques, especially Cucumber, BDD, Unit Testing and Espresso
- dedication to quality of user experience, including the ability to collaborate with designers to iterate and execute designs to a very high level of polish
- a pragmatic attitude to technology which puts the user first, while being dedicated to highly readable, testable and maintainable code
- experience in working with Agile methodologies
- the ability to participate in and facilitate constructive, professional, respectful and quantified technical debates
- the ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team
- a professional and constructive attitude towards clients and partners
- an understanding of web technologies, especially HTTP and APIs
- the ability to contribute to discussions about the product, project scope, ways of working and other things that are outside your core technical responsibilities
- the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and understandable way
- the flexibility to try techniques that you may not have used before in a safe and supportive environment
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, training & development budget and company wide profit sharing platform.
25 days of holidays are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.