Lead Product Designer (Visual)
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative and thoughtful lead visual designer to support and mentor our growing design team and engage with clients from a visual design perspective. As a Lead Product Designer (Visual), you will have an eye across projects while remaining hands on. You will support pre-sales proposals, suggest design approaches for projects and champion design best practices.
If you have a strong visual design background, enjoy the user journey and value mentoring and coaching a talented team that puts people first, then we’d love to hear from you.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own IP (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Support the visual design team to become best in class, inspiring them with fresh ideas, tools and approaches.
- Identify areas for designers to grow and seek to provide opportunities for them to upskill (internally or externally).
- Build visual design team capabilities by assisting with recruiting and interviewing potential ustwobies.
- Develop mentoring program for designers to progress.
- Provide visual design direction for clients ensuring projects are lined up for success.
- Pitch concepts and ideas to clients in a compelling way, helping them understand the best approach for a successful product/service/experience.
- Scope pre-sales proposals ensuring realistic visual design effort required.
- Collaborate with other team members to create and deliver client workshops.
- Participate in third party or ustwo sponsored events to promote ustwo design.
- Extensive experience with web, native design and interaction patterns.
- Understand and enjoy user experience design and product strategy.
- Confident speaking with clients and expressing design ideas clearly.
- Experience with different product ways of working (agile, lean, design thinking, etc).
- Able to cultivate a culture of transparency, communicating effectively across the project and wider team.
- Eager to explore new ideas and approaches, encouraging learning.
- Enjoy collaborating across the team, from UX to developers and business development.
- Advocate for quality of design output.
- Role model of the principles and values you stand for and look to foster the same within your team.
- Passion for mentoring and coaching others.
- Previous experience with supporting professional development of team.
NICE TO HAVE…
- Strong animation and/or illustration skills.
- Local market knowledge.
- Web/native/other development interest and experience
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to company wide profit sharing platform and training budget.
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas.
We also promote flexible working days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.