New Business Partner
Here at ustwo, we do business development a little differently from most companies. We believe that strong, genuine, client relationships lead to great products, and that cold calling and templated emails don’t get you very far. Our Business Team identifies, pursues and wins strategic and tactical new business, working to create a smooth transition for our new clients into the studio.
Our own IP and client work focuses on our vision to create digital experiences that transform people’s daily lives while being able to capture the imagination and ambitions of our teams of designers and developers. We’re particularly passionate about delivering innovative solutions within mobility, health, retail and financial services.
As New Business Partner you’ll lead the charge in helping us to attract and grow new relationships industry-wide, grow and manage our diverse pipeline of leads and in collaboration with the team, shape and define ustwo’s business development and account growth strategy.
You’ll engage with the product, design, technology and business community here in London and beyond. Additionally, you’ll be instrumental in crafting well-considered responses to the needs of the brands, businesses, and product teams that approach us on a daily basis, ultimately helping them understand how ustwo can support them to deliver these visions.
As part of our business team you will be expected to:
- Engage the studio in understanding what brands and industries excite them, and educate them as to how they can support business development at ustwo.
- Lead content generation and business development plans for companies that excite the studio within our strategic focus areas.
- Lead proactive targeting of prospective clients within our strategic focus areas
- Lead and execute speaker strategy for 2017
- Lead developing new business processes and manage that process in conjunction with our Business Director
- Create strategic responses and proposals (document or presentation based) to briefs and RFPs from inbound leads.
- Create and maintain a client and prospect database
- Plan, prepare and execute high-impact meetings with prospects and clients
- Contribute to creating and testing new business models and alternative revenue agreement as part of wider team.
- Contribute to forecasting and ownership of P&L as part of the wider team.
- Contribute to our events programming to align with our strategic focus areas.
What we’re looking for you to bring:
- A proven track record in lead generation and business development.
- A strong track record of developing successful relationships.
- A passion for tech, digital design, and the product design industry.
- A love of solving broad business challenges; helping clients create not only the products they’re looking for, but products that will have a real impact and make a difference.
- A true excitement for the studio we’re building and the services we provide for our customers.
- Impactful storytelling that goes beyond impeccable communication, language and writing skills, but the ability to take people on a journey and effectively communicate a vision.
- The ability to navigate the financial aspects of client work and projects. You know your way around a spreadsheet and thrive on the data and detail.
- Fluency in crafting business cases that help clients understand what value can be gained, in addition to modelling out how they will expect to see a return on their investment.
- Proactivity and self-initiation.
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’re comfortable working alongside Tech Directors, Salespeople, Designers, and CEOs alike.
- Desire to be part of a growing and collaborative team.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.