QA Automation Engineer - Freelance
You are an automation engineer with a depth of experience in web automation. You will be building web-testing frameworks and writing test scripts for user-stories you helped define with the product team. You will work closely with developers to create solutions for bridging gaps between code and code which can be automated, and work closely with UX and UI designers to determine the efficacy of your testing strategies.
- Highly collaborative.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with and learning from those around you.
- An experienced hand; You’ve been doing QA for a while, and are eager to bring your skills to a new group of humans to facilitate their best work.
...Don't look at these as hard-and-fast requirements, but, rather, as a guide to who we are looking for...
- at least a few years of experience as a QA automator.
- a history of successful creation of automated solutions for testing UI and user-story flows.
- strong OOP skills (Ruby preferred, but definitely not mandatory).
- the ability to clearly define and communicate your ideas and bugs.
- experience in a highly-collaborative environment and a proven, positive track-record therein.
- excellent knowledge of the SDLC and QA’s role.
- the ability to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and spoken English.
WE'D LOVE IF YOU HAVE...
- experience with automating API tests
- experience with Angular and Protractor
- experience building security testing and security automation.
- experience with load testing and performance testing.
- Building web-testing frameworks and writing test scripts for user-stories defined by the project development team (including yourself).
- Working closely with developers to create solutions for bridging gaps between code and automate-able code.
- Working closely with UX and UI designers to determine the efficacy of your testing strategies.
- Collaborating and communicating directly with client teams and external stakeholders.
- Owning the creation of test plans, testing documents, and research with the aid of additional QA within the project lifecycle.
- Free breakfast and snacks
- Flexible work environment and work hours
- Potential for Temp -> Perm for the right candidate
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our hearts, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers, and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Our work environment is very open and creative. We believe in creating a space where everyone can feel comfortable, safe, and at home. Catch a glimpse at - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7sAt4LnefQ&featur...
ustwo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training