Agile Team Coach
We’re on the hunt for a passionate, experienced, and delivery-focused senior agile coach to join our New York team. During a typical week, you’ll have your fingers in a lot of product-centric pies: You’ll be responsible for effective project delivery, contributing to designing and improving our delivery processes, encourage and inspire amazing teams on how to work better together, and you’ll have the opportunity to help individuals grow both personally, and professionally. Our clients and partners are part of our teams, so they’re included as well.
At ustwo, we don't do "traditional agency", demand crazy hours, or ask you to sacrifice your social life in the name of clients. Day in and day out, you'll do the best work of your life, craft innovative projects with amazing teams, deliver cream-of-the-crop digital products to some of the biggest and most kick-ass brands on the planet, and have a blast doing it.
- Someone who delights in building cohesive, well-functioning teams, and wants nothing more than to contribute to a culture that puts its people before its projects.
- An expert in supporting teams of various sizes, using a variety of agile and lean approaches.
- Highly collaborative. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who prefers to work with a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting. "Afraid to fail" and "play it safe" aren't in your vocabulary, but you're willing to admit your weaknesses and when you're wrong, in the name of personal and professional growth.
- Naturally motivated and self driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with.
- An industry veteran; you've overcome some serious challenges and tackled design problems that most would have shied away from.
If the above rings true, you've got what it takes to join our team. Keep reading...
- A serious passion for agile product delivery. You’ve supported full product delivery cycles, from discovery to hand over, and can demonstrate (possibly in your sleep) Agile tools and practices are paramount to quality.
- A talent for fostering tight-knit teams. You understand the characteristics of high performing teams, and have a wide variety of tricks up your sleeve that you to help drive seamless collaboration.
- Expertise in stakeholder relationships. Spanning clients, external stakeholders, and your own team, you’re able to alight expectations, inspire a one-team approach, and build a unified empathy for the challenges everyone’s facing together.
- A keen eye for continuous improvement. You’re always looking for ways to enhance the delivery process and are constantly experimenting with new ways to build teams and products.
- Role-model mentality. As someone who embodies the team-building principles and values you stand for, you foster the same frame of mind in those you work with.
WE’D LOVE IF YOU HAVE…
- Both client-side and agency experience. Teams function differently on both ends, and you’ve ideally had the opportunity to work across the spectrum.
- Experience in encouraging and fostering constructive criticism, both across your team and across entire companies. As someone who recognizes that it’s often the unsaid that holds us back, you champion a culture of productive feedback for everyone, including yourself.
- A strong understanding of the commercial aspect of digital products. You feel comfortable managing budgets and optimizing ROI, as well as working with the business teams to develop contracts, budgets and SOW documents.
- Instilling and maintaining an agile and lean mindset and process on projects
- Designing and evolve a product delivery approach
- Foster, build, and grow teams through a focus on team dynamics.
- Bring clients and partners along, help them influence and drive process change within their own organization, and foster a unified empathy for the challenges all involved are facing.
- Continuously improve your team, your ways of working, and of course, yourself, through feedback and coaching
- Working closely with the business development and leadership teams to develop client relationships, contracts, project budgets, and scope of work documents.
- Practicing what you preach when it comes to your team-building principles and values.
- Supporting your fellow Project Management team members with advice and input, and sometimes through teach by doing, to help share knowledge and best practice across projects.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Annual all expenses paid company-wide summer trip
- Flexible work hours
- Employee discounts via TriNet Perks program
Full Benefits Deck Here
ustwo is a global, independent design and development studio, building award winning digital products, services, and businesses. Across our four studios in London, Malmo, New York, and Sydney, we partner with the world's leading brands on innovative projects, ranging from apps and interfaces to service design. We also create our own products and games, in addition to incubating and building disruptive digital startups. In a nutshell, ustwo is a studio like no other.
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our DNA, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusion
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.