Business Development Lead
ustwo is seeking an incredible Business Lead to join our New York team. You’ll help lead the charge in helping us build new industry-wide relationships, nurture existing and established ones, and take the reins in shaping and steering ustwo’s business development strategy in collaboration with the studio.
Here at ustwo, we do business development a little differently from most companies. We believe that strong, genuine, client relationships lead to great products, and that cold calling and templated emails can only get you so far. (Not very far, to be precise.)
Day-to-day, you'll work hard to be proactive in meeting and engaging with the product, design and technology community, here in New York and beyond. Additionally, you'll be instrumental in crafting well considered responses to the needs of the brands, businesses, and product teams that approach us on a daily basis. You'll be an ongoing strategic support to all of these relationships, guiding them see the bigger picture, and ultimately helping them understand how ustwo can support them in delivering these grand visions.
**Unfortunately we are unable to support visas for this role at this time.**
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU...
- Strong passion for tech, digital design, and the product design industry. Even better: You’re passionate about helping clients create not only the products they’re looking for, but products that will have a real impact and make a difference.
- You’re not a robot. You have a true passion for what we’re building and the services we provide for our customers.
- You're a talented storyteller, not only with impeccable communication, linguistic and writing skills, but the ability to take people on a journey and effectively communicate a vision.
- You know your way around a spreadsheet, and are able to navigate the financial aspects of client works and projects.
- Well versed in crafting business cases that helping clients understand what value can be gained, in addition to modeling out how they will expect to see a return on their investment.
- Proactive and self-initiating. In a room full of people, you’re excited to talk to anyone and everyone you can to learn more about them. And speaking of that...
- You’re fully aware that there’s a fine line between being proactive and being pushy or salesy. You constantly strive to avoid the latter when doing your job.
- You’re personable, get along with everyone you interact with, and you’re comfortable working alongside technical directors, salespeople, designers, and CEOs alike.
- You’re in it to win it, you’re not in it for the kill. Empathy is a strong trait of yours. You want clients to not only get the product they’re looking for, but you want them to have an amazing experience through the process.
If the above rings true, you've got what it takes to join our team. Keep reading...
- Demonstrable capacity of building strong client relationships.
- A strong local network in the US
- Demonstrable business development experience with major US brands
- Experience securing and negotiating contracts in excess of $2M
- Start to finish experience from network through to pitch.
- A desire and excitement to speak at events and represent ustwo externally.
- Knowledge and understanding of consultancy studio financial models and budgeting processes.
WE'D LOVE IF YOU HAVE...
- Experience within a product-centric organization. This can be large and well established, or small and scrappy.
- Experience with agencies and consultancy. We live and breathe this, and you will too.
- Engage the studio in understanding what brands and industries excite them, and inspire them as to how they can support business development at ustwo. We love what we do, and we want to shout it from rooftops — you'll help lead that charge.
- Manage (and, of course, contribute to) the sales pipeline, regular pipeline reports, and other assets as well as tools critical to the business development team.
- Work collaboratively with the project management team to grow existing client engagements.
- Lead multidiscipline teams in compiling strategic responses and proposals (document- or presentation-based) to briefs and RFI/RFPs.
- Proactively engage prospective clients and nurture new relationships.
- An honest, competitive salary. No base salaries + commission models here.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Annual all expenses paid company-wide summer trip
- Flexible work hours
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Employee discounts via TriNet Perks program
- Plus more! Full Benefits Deck Here
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our DNA, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT USTWO
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.