Head of Projects
We're on the hunt for a Projects Director to join our growing New York studio who will guide and inspire an incredible team of project managers and team coaches. Equal parts getting your hands dirty and stepping back to help paint the bigger picture, this is a massive opportunity for the right person to help mold the future of our studio.
Day to day, you’ll contribute to the overall strategy and vision of the products our studio designs & builds (both for clients and internal), as well as set the direction and workflow for the project management team. You'll encourage and facilitate collaboration between disciplines and projects, as well as work with your team to define how we approach project management and team coaching. Putting an emphasis on agile principles rather than specific processes is your speciality. You'll also be an ambassador for the ustwo principles both internally, and externally, and through that, will naturally have a big care for the wellbeing of the ustwobies in your team, and in the studio in general.
- Realistic over idealistic: Everything you do is based in (and on) pragmatic expectations and honesty. Why add fluff?
- Someone who prefers to make quick decisions and iterate later if need be, rather than wallowing in endless discussions.
- Driven by finding the root cause of any issue rather putting a patch over them.
- A firm believer in coaching over management.
- Through perception, able to easily detect when things are off, from both emotional and tactical standpoints.
- Highly collaborative. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with and foster a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting. "Afraid to fail" and "play it safe" aren't in your vocabulary, but you're willing to admit your weaknesses and when you're wrong, in the name of personal and professional growth.
- Naturally motivated and self driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with.
- An industry veteran; you've overcome some serious challenges and tackled problems that most would have shied away from.
- Discipline direction: With input from project management team and studio, and based on agile principles, you'll define and set new standards for how we approach project management and team coaching.
- You'll focus on defining and growing in line with ustwo principles, rather than get bogged down with specific processes.
- Collaborate with the other discipline heads to create cohesive ways of working on products.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and vision of the organization as a representation of project management and team coaching.
- Streamline personal development of your team by setting expectations, supporting definition and achievement of career goals, providing coaching and feedback, and communicating salary progression.
- Foster development through unifying a high performing team with a shared focus, aligned with our values and strategy.
- Maintain an awareness of project needs and clarify proper escalation paths for your team.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Annual all expenses paid company-wide summer trip
- Flexible work hours
- Employee discounts via TriNet Perks program
Full Benefits Deck Here
ustwo is a global, independent design and development studio, building award winning digital products, services, and businesses. Across our four studios in London, Malmo, New York, and Sydney, we partner with the world's leading brands on innovative projects, ranging from apps and interfaces to service design. We also create our own products and games, in addition to incubating and building disruptive digital startups. In a nutshell, ustwo is a studio like no other.
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our DNA, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusion statement
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.