ustwo New York is looking for a temporary Finance Assistant to join and support our Finance Team. This is initially a three month contracted part-time role. Our ideal Finance Assistant would be someone looking to gain experience on a finance team and who is eager to learn more about what it means to support the day to day operations of a business. Current students and recent grads are encouraged to apply!
You will be reporting to the Studio Financial Controller and will assist in daily responsibilities, including: supporting the reconciliation between our operating and financial systems, overseeing a successful purchasing process, assisting in the month-end close process, and organizing and generating data in order to enhance our productivity and effectiveness.
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly financial statements
- Assist with monthly analysis and reconciliations
- Support key financial projects
- Become acquainted with business processes and highlight opportunities for automation and process improvement
- Ad-hoc analysis projects as needed
- Collaborate with global finance team on company-wide metrics
- Manage your work schedule; we'll want you here for a minimum of 24 hours/week
- Someone who loves data and delights in detail
- A clear communicator and self motivated
- Happy to work independently, yet thrive in a team
- Able to balance and meet multiple deadlines
- A good collaborator, comfortable working on a close knit team
- Appetite for learning and sharing knowledge
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- A problem solver and comfortable challenging the status quo
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Accounting or related degree (or are in progress of obtaining)
- High-level experience in Excel
- Good time management, communication skills and have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work 24- 30 hours a week and can commit to a term of no less than 3 months
- Desire for professional growth opportunities and to be in a dynamic learning environment
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
ustwo is a global, independent design and development studio, building award winning digital products, services, and businesses. Across our four studios in London, Malmo, New York, and Sydney, we partner with the world's leading brands on innovative projects, ranging from apps and interfaces to service design. We also create our own products and games, in addition to incubating and building disruptive digital startups. In a nutshell, ustwo is a studio like no other.
ABOUT USTWO NEW YORK
At ustwo New York, we’re proud to be a unique fusion of culture from around the world. Our studio, which is nestled in the Financial District of Manhattan and situated on Floor 16 of the historic Standard Oil Building, has been fully renovated since it’s Mad Men days; it now boasts light and airy workspaces, two terraces overlooking the Statue of Liberty, a stunning events space, fully stocked kitchen, and just over 50 talented and passionate ustwobies.
Global as we may be, the hustle of New York City is engrained in our DNA, and we embrace it wholeheartedly. Our dedicated team of designers, developers and project managers partner with some of the top brands in the United States, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers.
From virtual reality to wearables and beyond, we’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusionustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.