Global Marketing Director
ustwo is a proudly independent digital product studio operating at the edge of premium digital services, design and technology.
Right now, there’s a unique opportunity to join our company at a senior position as our Global Marketing Director. This role will report into the CEO who is based in New York.
For this role, we are looking for a senior marketing professional to lead our global marketing team, to set an overall strategy and coordinate the development of local marketing activities on a global level. On a high level, this encompasses the following areas of responsibility:
1. To sharpen ustwo’s value proposition and brand strategy: what do we stand for, what is our core value proposition, and how do we communicate with prospects, clients, prospective and current employees, and other stakeholders
2. To develop ustwo content and branded assets and distribute them in the right channels in a timely fashion
3. To work closely with the business development and studio leadership teams to support client acquisition and expansion
Overall Summary of Role:
- Help articulate the ustwo brand and value proposition in a clear and compelling way that resonates with/clients and employees at all levels.
- Manage and drive the voice and brand of ustwo, inspiring through content, email, blogs and all social channels, working across the global market team.
- Become the ustwo brand guardian.
- Ensure that all translation/communication of our strategy contains the narrative behind our mission statement of making a meaningful impact, our unique ways of working and values (aligned with Manifesto).
- Build, lead, and inspire a global marketing team that can support both local and global efforts and ensuring that all activity is in line with both their and the overall marketing objectives.
- Define, iterate, and optimize our go-to-market: Create actionable goals that make it possible to turn our strategy into tangible results with measured ROI. Regularly optimize marketing tactics, channels, and messaging based on impact.
- Create an integrated content strategy that relies not only on the company’s website and PR but leverages various digital and interpersonal touchpoints to reinforce and amplify core messages and impact.
- Leverage our great studio spaces for events and networking activities.
- Work closely with the business development teams to build a CRM infrastructure and demand generation engine.
- Manage global PR and media partnerships. Develop content that gets published and noticed (PR, social media) and ensure that any third party spend has successful ROI.
- Embrace knowledge of all changing media marketplace conditions, consumer trends, research/measurement evolutions, ad tech, and provide expertise internally to keep organization in the know.
- Manage internal communication activities and help direct and nurture our leaders to be thought leaders in their craft/field.
Ideally you will have:
- the reputation as a marketing leader, who has experience of driving a global marketing strategy.
- a history of working in the technology, design and creative services industries in a global role.
- a strong background in Leadership, (Corporate) Communications, Digital Strategy, Management, and Demand Generation.
- the ability for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills; your ability to take complex data and distill them into a meaningful and coherent story is one of your strengths.
- a track record of leading and inspiring a global marketing team.
- significant experience of developing and managing key relationships with agencies and suppliers for maximum successful impact.
- experience of managing budgets and be able to demonstrate strong project management ability.
- a background in a fast paced environment and be extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly, leveraging a remote team.
- an ability to straddle being a strategist with engaging skills in verbal, written, and visual communications with the desire to make tangible results.
The Global Marketing Director will uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions. Please visit our Manifesto.
- Always finding ways to Raise the Bar by being someone who wants to develop and develop others.
- Understands the big picture and will always balance the needs of our people with the needs of the business.
- Highly collaborative and transparent. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with and foster “team” where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together. In doing this you will ensure that you and your team Learn Together.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair, considered and respectful.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.
Above anything, we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing. We offer a competitive package inclusive of significant pension contribution, medical & life insurance as well as personal training & development budget.
We offer 25 days of holiday, inclusive of Studio closure days over X'mas. We also provide flexible working opportunities.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.