Freelance Product Designer (UX)
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. We build products and services with users at the very heart of our approach, for a diverse range of clients and partners that span Healthcare, Automotive, Mobility, Retail and Finance sectors.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic, and more vital than ever to the success of their organisation. We’re not simply building digital propositions, but challenging the core purpose and principles of the organisations we help.
The role of design in this process is evolving; a solution that both delights and engages the user often means being prepared for trade offs to ensure that the right product goes to market.
As UX Designer you will create product/service solutions by considering market analysis, ethnographic research, business requirements and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Be comfortable conducting ethnographic research and developing research tools and discussion guides.
- A solid design process which enables you to navigate through uncertainty.
- Confident analysing and synthesising primary research to identify common behaviours and themes.
- Work with product owners and product managers to understand the core business challenges and where appropriate, challenge business requirements to champion user needs.
- Create concept sketches, user flow diagrams, service blueprints and concept prototypes.
- An enthusiasm for iterative prototyping to validate project assumptions
- Choose suitable tools and methodologies to achieve the project goals in order to minimise waste and champion an agile way of working.
- Facilitate and be involved in workshops with the team and wider stakeholder group.
- Foster a collaborative “One Team” approach between ustwo and clients/partners
- Regularly review work with design peers and discipline leads to collect feedback on direction and ensure work and process is well aligned with others.
- Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed product/service fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs
- You have a core strength within end-to-end product design and UX process.
- Professional knowledge of user-centred design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies
- Fluent in best practices for device-based information architecture and interaction design
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers
- Experienced at visualising and prototyping concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and validate ideas
- Experienced at working within Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- Tools agnostic mindset focused on outcomes not outputs
- Thrive at solving complex design challenges that make a difference to people's lives
- You can think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Provide timely feedback from your team to benefit project development and working culture and encourage the same in return
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Confident at managing senior stakeholders and navigating them through the design process
- Adaptable style. You know when to coach, direct and motivate.
LIVING OUR VALUES
You are an individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- You will always find ways to Raise the Bar.
- Be collaborative and transparent. You're a team player who understands it’s important to Learn Together.
- You’re never afraid to speak your mind, and are clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone with gravitas and influence to deal with senior stakeholders within ustwo.
- Someone who challenges the way things are done and looks for better solutions.
- Some who is able to deliver to their deadlines.
- You will bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.