QA Engineer (freelance)
We are looking for a freelance QA for an Android project, hence experience specifically testing Android apps and knowledge of the Android ecosystem is a must.
The freelance assignment will start beginning of January for 6 months.
At ustwo we shape, design, build and test digital products. We help our clients find solutions to their business problems. Those solutions can live in a small screen or a big screen, running anything from Android to iOS to web. Sometimes, the solution doesn't need a screen at all. Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality and encouraged to look beyond their immediate role.
We believe passionately that diverse teams help us make better services and products. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. It adds value and impact to our clients and industry.
Testers are 1st class citizens of the product development process, not an afterthought. Our testers are part of the creative process all the way from inception to shipping.
What kind of things will you be doing on a project?
- Participating in sketching sessions
- Writing UI automation tests in Espresso
- Pairing with developers when needed to fix bugs
- Participating in and eventually leading BDD and Example Mapping sessions
- Exploratory and manual testing
- Pairing with UI and UX designers to ensure the product meets our client expectations
- Actively seek to pair with developers to determine best testing strategies and development architectures as well as to gain better understanding of the app.
- Championing quality in all aspects of the product
- Exploring the product from a user perspective
- Maintaining tools and building systems related to the project
- Contributing to open source projects of tools that ustwo maintains
- Writing and maintaining code bases of all sizes
Who Are We Looking for?
We consider a natural curiosity for how systems work, an eye for detail, and a methodical approach as the fundamental baseline for testers.
We strongly believe in cross discipline collaboration and have found that BDD is the best (but not the only) process for getting the whole team to sit down and talk before implementing new stories or features. Testers champion the BDD process and use it as a base for whatever automation might be necessary.
We are looking for testers comfortable reading and writing in Kotlin and Java. 3+ years experience testing with current UI automation and exploratory testing tools.
Any extra knowledge about CI / CD servers, platform specific development tools, device farms, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Above anything else we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing. Competitive day rates offered based on experience.