Senior Full Stack Developer (Python, Contract)
Do you enjoy working closely with designers and developers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer who is a Python whiz for a 3 month contract with potential to extend. You should be comfortable leading architectural decisions while creating a robust and scaleable soltuion. You’ll work in cross-functional team to build a highly scalable project for a leading tech client in Sydney.
Top candidates for this role desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. You should have a focus on producing robust, functional, and quality software and believe in the “art of the possible” striking the right balance between idealism and pragmatism with your solution.
All applicants must have valid working rights for Australia.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right.
WHAT YOU’LL DO…
- Design, maintain and push code quality standards within projects aiming for stability, scalability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with other developers, designers and testers in order to successfully launch stable digital products.
- Use a holistic lens in coding, ensuring high usability, accessibility and embracing design standards.
- Anticipate project development needs, raising potential issues to team and client early and proactively seeking solutions.
- Support other developers through peer reviews and conceptualising solution architecture.
- Support and mentor other developers in best practices and initiates code standards for the project
- Experience with Python and web technologies, particularly Django
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5 and CSS3.
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Knowledge of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Redux, Angular, Web Sockets, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git flows.
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban.
- Wonderful written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve.
NICE TO HAVE...
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) technologies (AppEngine standard, DataStore, PubSub, Firebase)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Experience with / interest in functional programming.
- Active Github account / open source contributions.
- Experience with Vagrant, Docker or other tools to ensure a robust development environment.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!