Freelance Delivery Lead
ustwo is looking for a talented freelance lead to join its delivery team. This position will be onsite at a client in San Francisco, reporting back to the team at ustwo NYC.
Ustwo is looking for a strong project manager who has delivered digital products, worked closely with clients, and seen through complex digital products that stand at the forefront of web, mobile and immersive technology. You'll be excited to continue developing and learning as a Delivery Lead who wants to make their mark in a fast-transforming digital studio.
As a Delivery Lead, you’ve led teams and complex projects, which have required you to manage individuals and manage client expectations, sometimes with little oversight. You’ve owned the resourcing, planning, and retrospectives for your projects, and you’ve handled client presentations and negotiations. You’re a manager whose able to gracefully help your team with concerns and roadblocks, while your client can rely on you to manage the day-to-day operations of its project. You’re a rockstar at communication, and you excel at managing various stakeholders. You’re not afraid of making hard decisions or having hard conversations, and your logic is always sound when handling either.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work in-house at our client and manage the day-to-day of our design team that’s also currently in-house with you.
- Own the client relationship on the ground, reacting to requests and communicating any relevant changes to your design team.
- Modify or create processes as necessary, then roll out to all stakeholders.
- Act as coach and project manager to a team of product designers.
- Gather the demand signal for design resources from our client’s teams, and then match our resources to those teams, using strong logic for how you make your decisions.
- Manage risk by troubleshooting issues as they arise, or thinking ahead to foresee things that could become problems. Escalate problems or roadblocks to the client as needed.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of your account’s health - what’s working, what needs to improved or rethought, who’s happy and who’s not.
- Be a conduit between our leadership team in New York and the on-the-ground happenings at the client in San Francisco.
- Be responsible for all invoicing and other accounting.
- Contribute to progressing & improving our culture and ways of working, by offering up new approaches, feedback, and so on.
- A digital native. There's no question of your interest in digital and you probably want to create something in a way you haven't even conceived yet, at the boundaries of technology and imagination.
- Driven and dependable. You care passionately about the work you commit into the world and strive to meet the standards you set. Your team knows they can come to you based on the framework of the project and interaction patterns you have established.
- A clear communicator, both verbally and in writing. Reports, emails, statuses will all be second nature, and have the right balance of action imperative and detail.
- Someone who takes an operational mindset. You know how to run your interactions with team, clients and your tools in order to keep your project on track and quality at the forefront.
- Comfortable, confident and competent at leading projects and teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to move projects forward. We won’t always have predefined constraints on projects or initiatives.
- Empathetic, which you find helps you as a manager of people.
- Whenever you hear an idea or a suggestion, you not only consider the immediate consequences but you’re able to quickly think through the second and third order “knock-on” effects
- Someone who accepts and resolves critique gracefully.
- A practitioner and advocate of agile methods to work with teams, clients and get the work done. You have knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- At least 5 years experience delivering work (at an agency, studio or similar) that has inspired clients and multi-disciplinary teams, imbued in digital and focused on creating compelling consumer experiences.
- Managed people or led teams before, sometimes with little oversight.
- Worked closely with clients, sometimes with little oversight.
- Built out processes where there previously were none.
- Managed different personalities with grace and aplomb.
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.