ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio working across healthcare, automotive, mobility, retain, finance and loyalty verticals. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
We strongly believe diverse teams help us make better products, so we actively hire for cultural growth, welcoming people of all ages, stories and backgrounds.
As Design Lead at ustwo, you’ll take a leading role in engaging clients and stakeholders in designing products and services that meet their needs.
Taking our clients through unchartered territories, you will use design principles to help uncover value and validate propositions. Being comfortable with ambiguity is must.
When it comes to developing others, you are intuitive to the needs of the designers, projects and cross-discipline teams. You are hands-on with the detail yourself and know when to delegate, whilst offering direction and inspiration.
You will also have the opportunity to work with other members of the design community, helping us improve process, approaches, and strategy for both design and the studio as a whole.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create products/ services by considering market analysis, ethnographic research, usability testing, business requirements and technical constraints/opportunities.
- Conduct user research, gather insights and use analytics and/or liaise with accordant experts involved in the project to identify user needs, wants and behaviours and design requirements
- A solid design process which enables you to navigate through uncertainty and lead a team of designers.
- Facilitate and be involved in workshops, research and testing sessions with stakeholders
- Estimate time and delivery of the project design components with the project team
- Create concept sketches, user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed interaction specifications as and when appropriate
- Choose suitable tools and methodologies to achieve the project goals in order to minimise waste and champion an agile way of working
- Collaborate with product owners, product managers and product leads to identify and define features, use cases and user stories
- Understand and where appropriate challenge business requirements to champion user needs in accordance with product and market strategy
- Maintain awareness and mitigation of project risk
- Communicate design specifications with other designers and developers; validate and monitor quality output
- Clearly present various stages of interface design development, concepts and ideas to business owners, team members and stakeholders of all levels
- You have a core strength in leading an end-to-end product design and UX process.
- Professional knowledge of user-centred design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies and can lead/mentor others through this
- Fluent in best practices for device-based information architecture and interaction design
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers
- Experienced at visualising and prototyping concepts to varying levels of fidelity to demonstrate and validate ideas
- Experienced at working within Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- Tools agnostic mindset focused on outcomes not outputs
- Thrive at solving complex design challenges that make a difference to people's lives
- You can think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- Provide timely feedback from your team to benefit project development and working culture and encourage the same in return
- Always eager to learn and to share knowledge
- Take pleasure, and have success, in developing others. You are attuned to the varying needs each team member may have.
- Confident at managing senior stakeholders and navigating them through the design process
- Quick to identify and resolve conflict
- Adaptable style. You know when to coach, direct and motivate.
LIVING OUR VALUES
You are an individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo Values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- You will always find ways to Raise the Bar.
- Be collaborative and transparent. You're a team player who understands it’s important to Learn Together.
- You’re never afraid to speak your mind, and are clear when you do. You will Be Human with this voice though and will ensure that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone with gravitas and influence to deal with senior stakeholders within ustwo.
- Someone who challenges the way things are done and looks for better solutions.
- Some who is able to deliver to their deadlines.
- You will bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.