Chief Finance Officer /Chief Operations Officer
Overall Mission & Requirement:
Our mission is to help brands and businesses create products and services that have a meaningful impact on people's lives. Your overall responsibilities will be a split between a ‘traditional’ CFO & COO role.
The role CFO/COO role is an Executive leader, operational strategist and trusted advisor providing sound financial guidance in a global setting that demands keen business acumen. You will be the driver of Operational and Financial efficiencies and best practice. Your ability to execute financial process and best practice will be one of your key passions and strengths.
Overall Summary of Role:
- You will have overall responsibility for the Studio Group Financial and Operational integrity and its financial performance (revenue and profit).
- Working closely with the CEO you will execute the Financial and Operational strategy of the Studio Group.
- Design and implement best practices for finance and operations including but not limited to forecasting, risk management, cost control, margin improvements, cross studio collaboration.
- You will have a key role in developing and executing the business growth plans including client negotiations, pricing, rate cards and investment decisions, including the potential opening of new studios.
- As an independent company the need for appropriate and effective cash and cost management is paramount so your ability to drive results and to constantly review our processes will be a key element of this role.
- You will provide clear direction, guidelines and tools to ensure the Studio MDs and the local finance leads are working with best practice processes that drive results. E.g. Financial KPIs & forecasting data.
- You will create clear processes to enable the 4 studios to work effectively as a group. E.g. cross studio resourcing & global/tiered rate cards.
- You will lead and manage the annual budget and quarterly forecast process and will ensure that all reporting is in line with financial best practice.
- You will work with the CPO to ensure all people related costs are efficient and are monitored on a regular basis to ensure accurate cost control.
- You will support the CEO in presenting all board related Financial/Operational decisions.
- You will oversee the business system portfolio including Kimble, Sage, and ensure that these systems are used in a consistent manner across the studios.
- An important part of this role will be to ensure that all Studios are compliant to any third party regulations and will ready the business for any related compliance audits.
- A Finance qualification/background with a deep understanding of creative service operations or you will have a more traditional operations background with robust financial skills/ability/experience. You will have the relevant Financial qualifications expected for someone in this position - e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA.
- A history of working in the technology, design and creative services industries in a global organization.
- The ability for long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
- The ability to be a key influencer and are comfortable representing the Finance perspective to senior stakeholders at c-suite and board level.
- A high emotional intelligence to be able to connect with different mindsets and perspectives in a creative culture such as ustwo.
- A natural ability to persuade with the power of your argument , not your rank.
- A track record of leading a (global) Finance team.
- Experience of being an inspiring leader who will push, nudge, coach and motivate our Finance community.
- Experience of a fast paced environment and be extremely adaptable to change and ability to execute quickly, leveraging a remote team.
- A naturally positive deposition and will pull on your leadership experience to energise your community through challenging times or times of change.
- A commercial mindset with a drive to make deals happen.
- An ability to foster excellent relationships with all stakeholders.
- The desire to solve problems whilst wanting to inspire and share your knowledge and passion for the numbers.