Tech Lead (Fixed term contract)
The ustwo London Tech team is looking for a Tech lead on a fixed term contract ( 6 - 8 months) to support the delivery of our projects.
We work on projects that make a meaningful impact to our clients, their customers, and the world. We work very hard to win interesting and challenging projects. Many of our client relationships span multiple years and projects. We work across the project lifecycle, from highly strategic discovery work to large-scale build projects and everything in between. Our teams work in a collaborative cross-discipline environment where everyone is responsible for quality, and hence encouraged to look beyond their immediate role. It’s also great fun working at ustwo!
The ideal candidate works collaboratively to solve difficult problems and build great features in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product owners and delivery coaches. With your technical expertise you manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You help design, develop, test, deploy software solutions.
As a Technical Lead, you are not only technically competent and hands-on, but can also provide technical leadership to projects, mentor junior members of the team and manage communication with non-technical members and stakeholders. You manage the project’s technical direction and work closely with our Coaches and Leads within the project team to ensure that our projects can be delivered successfully.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and improve digital products
- Work with coaches and leads to ensure we're building high-quality products as well as delivering the project on time, on budget
- Drive technical direction in projects and assure they meet scalability, robustness and security requirements
- Be responsible for the technical approach to problems
- Be hands-on on projects
- Accountable for the technical delivery of the project by the team
- Wide experience in building highly scalable and resilient web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within agile environments such as Scrum / Kanban
- Experience with deploying, hosting, securing, monitoring and scaling in the cloud
- Experience with containerised services and orchestration
- Strong experience in at least one of Node.js, Ruby, Go
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5, ES6/7 and CSS3/4
- Applying the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, Rx, etc.)
- Awareness of the latest libraries and tendencies (React.js, Vue.js, Redux, etc.)
- Experience with databases (SQL and / or NoSQL)
- Experience with unit testing (Mocha, Jest, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git
NICE TO HAVE
- Development or Computer Science related degree
- Experience with API integration / testing / design / implementation, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Experience with SDK design / implementation / integration
- Knowledge of CSS pre-compilers (PostCSS, Stylus, SASS) and CSS patterns
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD and automating this using a framework (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
An individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- You are curious and have a strong appetite to explore new technologies and share knowledge
- You find ways to Raise the Bar by being someone who challenges the way things are done and looks for better solutions. You welcome feedback and apply it for your own growth and project development
- You're a team player who understands it’s important to Learn Together and collaborate with technical and non-technical team members.
- You’re never afraid to speak your mind, and are clear when you do. You ensure to Be Human with this voice though such that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you Use the Freedom of the role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone who is result oriented and able to deliver to their deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You bring energy, passion and optimism to your role and ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey. You are caring, patient and humble in your interactions with team members
ustwo is a transparent company with a warm and welcoming culture and ensures to distribute leadership across the studio. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity & inclusion. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and we actively hire for cultural growth. We seek people of all ages, stories and backgrounds.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to company pension, life assurance, private medical, training budget and amazing family policies.
25 days holiday, inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas. We also encourage flexible working opportunities.