Product Designer (Visual Design)
Do you love crafting beautiful experiences? Do you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team across the full product design process? We’re looking for a Product Designer with a visual design focus.
You’ll be involved in all visual aspects of the product design process, from working with the team to sketch early concepts, building and testing prototypes, crafting well considered interfaces, and delivering production ready design for development. You’ll help bring to life digital interfaces across native applications and web.
You’ll be participating in and facilitating client workshops, collaborating closely with clients to help realise their digital product’s potential. To succeed, you’ll need to be a problem solver, detail focused and pixel perfect in everything you do.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. We strive to create digital products that improve people’s lives and make a meaningful impact on the world. We do this by harnessing our collective genius through sharing and learning from each other and leveraging each individual’s unique skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO...
- Design digital interfaces across native mobile and web platforms
- Visualise design concepts with the product team, and clients to clearly communicate your ideas and thinking
- Create iconography and illustrative elements that enhance the product experience
- Seek to apply meaningful motion design to digital products
- Contribute to the product team across the full design process
- Create usable and intuitive designs based on real user interactions
- Use prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Use and apply different design thinking methodologies to create purposeful designs
- Work in a flexible, iterative and experimental way
- Collaborate with the team and clients to design the right thing
- Partner with UX designers throughout the research and discovery phase and translate research outcomes into exceptional experiences and bring products to life
- Support the creation and facilitation of workshops
- Present the outcomes and designs the product and our processes at intervals throughout the project and at final showcase events.
- Strategically communicate the value of design and how it benefits the user and achieves the clients business objectives.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience designing across native mobile and web platforms from concept to production
- Understand interaction design and how it applies to your craft and digital product creation
- Experience with usability principles and techniques
- Comfortable supporting and driving the facilitation of workshop activities
- Experience working in collaborative design libraries
- Experience conducting design audits
- Experience prototyping and using relevant tools
- Experiencing presenting and showcasing products and demonstrating user value
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and develop
- Can see the bigger picture as well as getting into the details
- Never settle for good enough, you look to raise the bar
- Highly collaborative team player and an excellent communicator
- Curious to explore new ideas and learn together
- Able to celebrate the failures as well as the wins
- Honest and transparent about your work and when you need help
- Can express your needs, motivations and personal and professional goals
- Games design
- Animated illustrations
- Strong Illustration skills
- Digital product branding
- Producing video
- Experience with 3D design, motion design, animation and immersive experiences (VR/AR)
We are a people centered company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer a competitive package, including:
- Company wide profit sharing platform
- Generous training and development budget
- Paid training days
- Paid parental leave policy for primary and secondary caregivers
- Fortnightly catered lunches
- Quarterly socials
- Monthly chair massages
- Wide variety of snacks and bevvies
25 days holiday are offered as standard, inclusive of studio closure days over xmas. We also promote flexible working days.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!