The tech team in Malmö is looking for a mid/senior level QA Engineer for a full-time, permanent position.
ustwo is a global, independent design and development studio, building award winning digital products, services, and businesses. Across our four studios in London, Malmö, New York, and Sydney, we partner with the world's leading brands on innovative projects, ranging from apps and interfaces to service design. We also create our own products and games, in addition to incubating and building disruptive digital startups. In a nutshell, ustwo is a studio like no other.
Besides developing products for our clients within platforms such as iOS, Android, React Native and Unity, our work is broadening further into immersive environments such as AR/VR and IoT as well as consulting clients strategically. Our technology team members engage in full production builds but also function as creative technologists, strategists, and architects in the conceptual stage of a project.
Our QAs, developers, designers, and delivery leads collaborate closely in cross-disciplinary teams, which often include people from our client organisations, to develop world-class digital products.
We consider QA a crucial part of our development process. As a team member we believe the QA should be curious of how systems work, have an eye for detail, and be a solid safeguard of quality. Communication skills are very important, as a good collaboration with developers and designers is what ultimately makes for the premium software quality ustwo stands for. As well as being responsible for the test effort, our QA’s are involved in the creative process from inception to shipping of the products.
Key skills and experience needed to do well in this role:
- Wide experience in creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans.
- Working closely with developers to find and solve bugs; similarly with UI and UX designers to make sure the implemented design is satisfactory.
- Experience in estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities.
- Experience working within agile environments, such as Scrum/Kanban.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly collaborative in a cross-functional team.
- Championing and safeguarding quality in all aspects of the product.
- Experience with test automation.
Bonus if you have:
- Background in testing game design, preferably Unity.
- Experience working in developer environments.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience working with version control, such as Git.
- Multiple years of experience posting funny gifs on Slack.
At ustwo Nordics, our dedicated teams partner with some of the top brands in the world, and day in and day out, we strive to create experiences that make a meaningful difference, both for our clients and their customers. We’re pushing the status quo when it comes to innovative digital products, and now we need your help to bring our team to the next level.
ustwo is committed to make a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe diverse teams help us make better products. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We offer a competitive package, amazing family policies and flexible working days.
Preferred starting date - as soon as possible. We will have an ongoing review of applications.
We are able to sponsor visas for exceptional international applicants.