Senior Delivery Lead
ustwo is looking for an experienced project lead who delivers with an energy to motivate, has a passion for producing incredible work and a desire to be part of a fast-transforming digital studio.
As Senior Delivery Lead, you must be familiar with a range of delivery methodologies and practices. You also have an open mind and solution-oriented approach to finding the right fit, comfortable with experimentation and championing for the best ways to make projects tick.
You are comfortable creating an environment that drives sharing and collective problem solving, whilst knowing you have the character to keep your team motivated or offer an open ear to those who need to be heard. With a firm grasp of approach, scope and team management, you have the quality of thought to also ensure the project is operationally efficient. This includes such factors as resource utilization, project burn and a steady hand over client communication and management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Intake, scope, cast, manage and deliver projects and products with the quality and consideration clients expect from ustwo.
- Deliver full product life cycles or short, experimental pilots for clients. The methodology could be agile, waterfall or timeboxed. Your focus will be to make it happen.
- Create an environment and structure for teams to thrive and progress. This will supported by clear project communication, efficient use of project tools and hygienic processes for handling project risk, escalation and change requests.
- Run and engage in provoking internal and client-facing workshops and retrospectives.
- Own client relationships with high satisfaction as the responsible project owner.
- Lead and advocate for delivery best practices, comfortably challenging project decisions and providing alternative approaches.
- Research, experiment and learn new ways to challenge how we deliver work, interact with each other and share output with the client.
- Be responsible for the operational considerations relating to project quality. This includes project documentation, estimation, tracking of project burn, project budgeting, management of issues and ownership of project shutdown.
- Be comfortable line managing or mentoring junior team members, whether in the Delivery discipline or within your project team.
- Understanding your team, reading the room and having a calm and commanding presence to keep the project on track and manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowing how to zoom in and out of the details. You’re comfortable looking at the trees and the forest, finding ways to process and handle information to be effective for both your team and the business.
- Trailblazing by trendsetting. You champion the model of delivering work and know the importance of getting the work done with speed and efficiency.
- Basking in digital. You’re fascinated by where digital technology is going and have been part of teams that have pushed the industry.
- Managing parties. Be them client partners, contracted third parties, or a studio on a different time zone. You find a method to create and grow the relationship through these interactions.
- Communicating the work and it’s status. This includes clarifying operational health and the business opportunity for ustwo.
- You continuously strive to develop your knowledge, relationship with team and client, and ownership of the project management discipline. You’re never finished with learning and improvement.
- You are strategic in your project approach. Knowing how to plan a project based on the opportunity and the various components relating to budget, stakeholders and scope in order to deliver in considered ways that relate to both ustwo and the client’s values.
- At least 5 years’ experience delivering work (at an agency or similar) that has inspired clients and multi-disciplinary teams, imbued in digital and focused on creating compelling consumer experiences.
- Delivered three major projects you feel proud of and that speak to your career development to date.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation. This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.