Our mission at ustwo is to launch products, services and companies that have a meaningful impact on the world. As Business Strategist, you’ll help us do that by deeply understanding what makes businesses fly. You’ll be a business thinker first, but also be fascinated by design, technology and transformation.
A brilliant ustwo business strategist:
Has business as a first language and design as a close second. They can translate business problems into design challenges and design solutions into business opportunities. And, they can help us iterate between them. Is fluent in spreadsheets, budgets, financial modelling and pivot tables. Their first instinct when thinking about a new client is to devour some company reports and hop on the next earnings call.
Can find stories in data and tell stories with it. They can devour and generate presentations, business cases, briefs and compelling 30 second sound-bites.
Loves working in teams with designers, developers, user researchers and clients and has a repertoire of strategic processes and techniques that can get their teams inside a business problem.
An individual who will effortlessly uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo values in all your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- Excited about the potential to help organisations change and believe you can contribute to making it tangible for the studio and our potential clients.
- You will always find ways to Raise the Bar by being someone who creates new business models that will add value to our clients and our business.
- Highly collaborative and transparent. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who will work with a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together. In doing this you’ll ensure that you and your teammates Learn Together.
- Able to understand the “bigger picture” to identify and develop key business KPIs.
- Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do. You’ll Be Human with this voice and ensure that your comments are always fair and considered.
- Naturally motivated and self-driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you will Use the Freedom of this role to never stop learning and take initiative to change and improve things.
- Someone who thrives on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Someone with gravitas and influence to deal with senior client stakeholders.
- You will bring energy and optimism to your role and you will ensure that you and those around you Enjoy the Journey.
- Understanding the transformation areas, business themes and opportunities available for exploration and turning them into business cases.
- Identifying where our clients can utilise digital techniques for greatest strategic impact and defining the priority capabilities required to succeed.
- Assisting our clients in creating and implementing digital visions, strategies and roadmaps.
- Communicating the desired digital transformation and the value it will provide.
- Co-leading multi-disciplinary teams to shape and execute the digital vision.
YOU MUST HAVE
- A working history of managing and leading senior client relationships.
- Worked in cross functional teams to deliver strategic outputs.
- Excellent knowledge of design-thinking.
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills – drives for win-win outcomes.
- Working knowledge of leading and managing strategic outputs for complicated business projects.
- Clear and articulate communication skills with a strong ability to guide and convince clients and teams of ideas and how to get things done.
- Excellent ability to develop high quality presentations which successfully capture insights/stories/ideas/data and can be used to move projects forward.
- Highly numerate and comfortable with data and data analysis activities at a strategic.