UX Product Designer
Here at ustwo, we’re renowned for crafting amazing digital experiences. Whether for our roster of international clients and partners, or for our homegrown ventures, we build products/services with users at the very heart of our approach.
As the world changes around us, the challenges our clients are asking us to take on are becoming more fundamental, more strategic, and more vital than ever to the success of their organisations.
The role of design in this process is evolving; a solution that both delights and engages the user often means being prepared for trade offs to ensure that the right product goes to market.
As a UX Product Designer at ustwo you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from researching and brainstorming concepts to iterating interactions before launch, advocating the user needs throughout.
Expect to work with a smart and caring cross-discipline team, delivering at speed that sees the client very much integrated within this team composition.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Conduct user research, capture insights and liaise with stakeholders to understand the problem, identify user needs and behaviours, identify key design considerations and measures for what a successful design for a product could achieve.
Explore and communicate design concepts for digital products through artefacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed interaction specifications.
Validate design concepts by eliciting user feedback, measuring usability, considering market analysis, and balancing technical constraints/opportunities.
Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure proposed design fits business goals, long term strategy and technical constraints in addition to user needs.
Understand and (where appropriate) challenge business requirements to champion user needs, as a way to further promote product and market strategy.
Foster a collaborative "One Team" approach between ustwo and clients/partners by engaging in an open and transparent working relationship.
Facilitate and participate in workshops and discussions to promote the communication of ideas.
Synthesise research insights and communicate them to the team and business stakeholders in a compelling way.
Aside from having a portfolio that demonstrates your breadth of cross-platform work and design process, you are;
- Current in your practice. As well as being an expert in user-centred design, testing, research usability principles, techniques and methodologies, you keep up with the latest trends in design and technology.
- Insightful. You analyse user problems and design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements. You understand how to position products and services in line with brand and market.
- Adaptable. You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable switching contexts and able to apply design practice across a range of industries and different deliverables and goals. You are as comfortable working on product and opportunity discovery work as you are iterating towards market launch.
- Highly Collaborative. Able to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- Passionate about innovating through design. Bringing original thinking, strong design practice and advocating for the user.
- Think holistically about the big picture when designing a product, whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused.
- A clear communicator. Capable conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written).
- Open to sharing. Whether that be your thoughts, ideas and work in-progress.
- Want to grow. You seek out opportunities to learn, advocating good feedback with those who you work with.
- Resilient. Can remain calm and focused under pressure and work in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Able to travel, from time to time, when required and with advance planning.