Lead Games Artist
We’re looking for a talented Lead Artist to help us establish, develop and maintain artistic game styles and drive visual quality. The Lead artist will help us to to build on the success of our talented art team through strong leadership skills, will draw on experience and expertise to guide the Art team through production, and will help to establish art direction for ustwo games in line with our values, heart and broad appeal.
This role requires someone with solid experience and initiative, with strong leadership qualities who has led the art direction on a number of successful gaming titles. This role will help support and define the processes for our very talented Art team, and as such would suit somebody who has worked in similar small, dynamic team environments, inspiring outstanding creativity from those around them.
If you thrive in a dynamic and creatively diverse role, have proven experience of leading teams on a wide variety of projects and you’re seeking a fast-paced, friendly environment, then come and help us make games that will be loved worldwide.
This role will be responsible for:
- Visually establishing, developing and maintaining the game artistic style and visual quality
- Using experience and expertise to guide the design team through production
- Supporting the implementation of project art direction with other members of the team
- Working effectively with Tech Lead to ensure quality of production pipeline
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality and game play experience - collaborating/pushing/leading artists - and the wider team where necessary
- Experience in shipping at least one game as Lead Artist
- Representing the Art Team and game vision internally and externally as needed
- Identifying and raising any risks or issues as you find them to the Leadership Team
- Line managing other artists
- Experience on multiple games and ability to work across varied art styles
- Experience leading a project team
- Experience in estimating/scheduling (ideally within an agile environment)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to understand business and product needs and ability to decipher and adhere to existing IP styles
- Excellent understanding of game narrative
- Able to propose art styles that suit the game narrative and design, stretch the technology and appeal to the target audience
- Keeps up to date with visual trends in the industry
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to a company wide profit sharing platform, company pension, private medical and amazing family policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas.) We also promote flexible working days.