At ustwo we help organisations become more digitally capable by working with them to create digital products and services, teaching and learning as we go. And we set out to create things that have lasting, meaningful impact.
We’re looking for someone who can help us live and breathe the lives of the people we design for, first by developing and delivering plans to ask the right questions, then by shaping the answers into compelling, usable insight.
As a Researcher at ustwo, you’ll have a strong eye for detail, and a nose for fresh opportunities to uncover new perspectives.
You’ll find self-directed planning, execution and synthesis of your research rewarding and stimulating, but you’ll thrive when collaborating with teammates and clients, sharing your ideas, progress or findings to move forward together.
You’ve probably got around 5 years experience in a research or user-centred role. Maybe you’ve been honing your craft in an advertising or consultancy agency, but you want to contribute to great work that will actually ship.
You’ll be familiar with Lean methodologies, and get stuck in to whatever it takes for successful products and services.
We’re here to do the best work on the planet, with some of the most interesting and innovative clients and partners out there. As part of our fampany, you should expect to be challenged daily, and to help others learn from you as much as you learn from them.
As an ustwo researcher, you will
- Foster a safe and supportive working environment for all.
- Plan and carry out effective research, throughout a Lean project lifecycle.
- Rigorously interpret research findings into useable insight, creating compelling and empathetic outcomes.
- Lead your teammates in setting appropriate goals, and choosing research methodologies based on the needs of the project, both in the short and long term.
- Ensure your findings are not just widely shared, but understood by your teammates and stakeholders, in an actionable way.
- Work in a ‘one team’ Lean environment alongside other researchers, strategists, engineers and designers.
- Be adept at synthesising existing research from a variety of sources, for clear next steps and new lines of enquiry.
- Use your passion and curiosity to suggest new research areas where richer insight about trends and behaviours could be gleaned.
- Problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comprehensive toolkit of qualitative research and usability testing methodologies.
- Deep understanding of quantitative approaches such as digital analytics, and 3rd party research analysis, and when best to use them.
- Inspiring collaboration and communication skills.
- Comfortable in client-facing and user-facing scenarios.
- A portfolio reflecting your passion for bringing complex user needs to life for your team mates.
- Commitment to celebrating and nurturing diversity in the workplace and in your research work.
- Able to travel across Europe and North America.
- Fluent in written and oral English.
- Can speak German.
- Talent in visual design for storytelling.
- Background in social sciences, cognitive psychology, or similar.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and we have great family friendly policies.