Senior Product Designer
ustwo is looking for a talented and unparalleled Senior Product Designer to join the design team in our New York studio.
At ustwo NYC, we are working towards being a product design powerhouse. To do this, we structure our team around versatile designers who have, and are constantly developing and broadening their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in the product and service development process.
As a successful Senior Product Designer at ustwo, you’ll get your hands dirty tackling detailed work yourself and working with other designers, developers, and project managers to define, build, and iterate solutions for our fantastic clients and partners. You will also ensure other product teams up for success, operating in a more critical capacity in the background, challenging, supporting and guiding less experienced designers on projects.
You will be able to provide vision and direction on projects, spanning setting out an approach, generating initial insights all the way through prototyping and delivering a completed product into the world.
- Able to frame and communicate challenges and opportunities to teams, and create alignment on a way forward.
- Communicating the vision for the design team with the wider studio.
- Break down unnecessary silos and improving working practices by fostering and maintaining effective working relationships with leads in other disciplines.
- Can motivate the team to work with our ustwo ways of working and concepts.
- Contribute to progressing & improving our culture and ways of working - offering up new approaches.
- Practice and encourage a culture of showing and shipping early and often.
- Someone that enjoys getting your hands dirty.
- Comfortable, confident and competent at leading projects.
- Proven experience working on things that exist in the real world, not only as design comps or prototypes.
- Focused on pixel perfection. You sweat the details to ensure that you and the team deliver remarkable products on time and on budget consistently.
- Able to take an initial nugget of an idea through to products that live with people, day to day in the real world.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to move projects forward. We won’t always have predefined constraints on projects.
- Experienced and confident in visualizing and prototyping concepts fast to communicate ideas.
- Able to understand the bigger picture and strategically and systemically about opportunities and challenges.
- Someone who accepts and resolves critique gracefully.
- Extensive design experience with plenty of years under your belt, deep knowledge and expertise in product design.
- Core strengths in visual design, spanning UI, brand, iconography, and art direction.
- Solid understanding across some of our other core disciplines - Motion, Interaction, Service Design.
- Strong knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges.
- Experience in being involved in projects that have not always followed the status quo, and can demonstrate times you have challenged dominant design perspectives and broken new ground where traditional design paradigms didn’t make sense.
- Proven capability of shipping software applications across a variety of platforms.
- An solid understanding of how behavior and transition impact design.
- The ability to multitask and contribute to more than one project at once.
- Clear written and verbal communication style.
- Can lead a project with little supervision
- Strives to be a leader on the design team
- An honest, competitive salary
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Long and short term disability insurance
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Employee discounts via TriNet Perks program
- Plus more! Full Benefits Deck Here