Product Designer (Visual) - 6 Month Contract
Do you love crafting beautiful experiences? Do you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team across the full product design process? We’re looking for a Product Designer with a visual design focus.
You’ll be involved in all visual aspects of the product design process, from working with the team to sketch early concepts, building and testing prototypes, crafting well considered interfaces, and delivering production ready design for development. You’ll help bring to life digital interfaces across native applications and web.
You’ll be participating in client workshops and collaborating closely with them to realise their digital product’s potential. To succeed, you’ll need to be a problem solver, detail focused and pixel perfect in everything you do.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
We work in highly collaborative lean/agile teams, embedding with our client partners. We strongly favour open channels of feedback to enable success with building digital products that improve people’s daily lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design digital interfaces across native mobile and web platforms
- Visualise concepts to the product team, developers and clients to demonstrate your ideas and thinking
- Create iconography and illustrative elements that enhance the visual experience
- Seek to apply meaningful motion design to your work
- Contribute to the product team across the full design process
- Explore interaction design fundamentals
- Use prototyping tools for rapid experimentation
- Apply the best usability principles and techniques for the situation
- Work in a flexible, iterative and experimental way
- Collaborate with the team and clients to design the right thing
- Partner with UX designers on a project to bring a product to life
- Support the creation and facilitation of workshops
- Demonstrate to the clients the value of design and functionality for user and business benefit.
- Experience working across native mobile and web platforms
- Understand interaction design and how it applies to your craft
- Experience with usability principles and techniques
- Comfortable supporting the facilitation of workshop activities
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and develop
- Good at visual conceptualisation and high fidelity prototypes
- Can see the bigger picture as well as getting into the details
- Never settle for good enough, you look to raise the bar
- Highly collaborative and an excellent communicator
- Curious to explore new ideas and learn together
- Able to celebrate the failures as well as the wins
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
We offer you the opportunity to be yourself, whilst delivering your best work. Bring your passion and help us make a difference!
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.
Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!