Mobile Developer (Android)
ustwo NYC is looking for talented Mobile Developer to join our team. As a senior addition to our studio, you will be a part of a multi-functional team of developers, designers, project managers, and testers. Each day you'll work on a variety of projects for a wide range of our amazing clients, as well as our own products and services.
When it comes to our approach, we prioritize collaboration, remarkable quality and a 'get stuff done' attitude, but definitely don't forget to have fun along the way. This allows us to deliver beautiful products and create extraordinary user experiences together, as one team.
At ustwo, we don't do "traditional agency", demand crazy hours, or ask you to sacrifice your social life in the name of clients. Day in and day out, you'll do the best work of your life, craft innovative projects with amazing teams, deliver cream-of-the-crop digital products to some of the biggest and most kick-ass brands on the planet, and have a blast doing it.
- Collaborate with your project team to deliver a high-quality product
- Coordinate technical requirements with client-side development teams
- Maintain your own workflow and planning together with your team
- Contribute to the intellectual and physical growth of the ustwo Tech Team at large
- Contribute to the growth of ustwo's reputation in NYC
- Highly collaborative. You're not a sole contributor, but rather someone who prefers to work with a tight-knit team where sharing knowledge and experience is second nature in order to grow together. Never afraid to speak your mind, and are exceptionally clear when you do.
- Passionate about learning and experimenting. "Afraid to fail" and "play it safe" aren't in your vocabulary, but you're willing to admit your weaknesses and when you're wrong, in the name of personal and professional growth.
- Naturally motivated and self driven. Your curiosity cannot be quelled, and you're never done learning.
- Driven by (and thrive on) inspiring and bringing out the best in those you work with.
- An industry veteran. You've overcome some serious challenges and tackled problems that most would have shied away from.
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of common design patterns, frameworks and libraries for mobile application development
- A deep passion for code quality and craftsmanship
- Experience building testable, scalable and maintainable products
- Serious skills in Java for Android
- Interest in UI development
WE'D LOVE IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with other mobile platforms such as iOS
- Experience in Android Wear
- Interest in design
- Experience in automated testing and a test driven approach
- Experience / interested in functional programming
- An active Github account (please share it with us!)
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.