Front-end Developer (Contract)
Do you enjoy working closely with designers to bring ideas to life? Do you like to choose the best language and framework for the problem? We’re looking for a Senior Front-End Developer who is comfortable across the full stack to work alongside designers for a client project. You will be working on the project from inception and be involved in the product design, prototype and build process.
In this particular project you will be working with one of Australia’s most innovative companies. Known for continuously driving out new platforms and being a market leader in the real estate sector, this project will see you working on an existing platform that solves a key challenge in digitising the home-buying experience.
All candidates must be located in Sydney area with valid working rights for Australia.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
We work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to solve client problems from a user perspective. You should enjoy problem solving, building the right thing and building the thing right. We work onsite with our clients 4 days a week to create a one team approach and every Friday all teams get together in the studio.
WHAT YOU’LL DO...
- Work with small team to develop a digital product from scratch
- Work closely with product designers to understand the nuances of the product and help bring design thinking innovation to life with
- Work with designers through iterations and changes on the product
- Design the best approach to integrating with other systems, including the use of stubs where backend systems aren’t yet in place
- Determine the technical feasibility of design solutions with the team
- Participate in code reviews with other developers
- Use Git for source control with a high level of proficiency (branching, rolling backwards and forwards through commits)
- Automate your workflow and use tools to improve your efficiency
- Prototype creative ideas quickly and efficiently
- Support product validation and research where needed
- Experience with building multifaceted digital products from scratch
- Some experience in modern tooling, specifically with gulp.js (experience in Node.js, React, Redux, webpack also welcome)
- Have worked with legacy code
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser capabilities
- Apply the best design pattern for the case (Flux, MVC, MVVM, Mediator, etc.)
- Experience with unit testing (mocha, jest, jasmine, etc.)
- Experience working with Git and GitHub collaboration
- Experience with API integration / testing, ideally with deeper understanding of different patterns (CRUD, CQRS, SOA, etc.)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment.
- Practical experience with TDD and / or BDD (Mocha, Jest, Cucumber, Rspec, Capybara, Selenium, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humour and strong desire to constantly improve
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.
We live our values through how we approach our work, our clients, our teams and ourselves. We’re looking for someone who embodies these values and helps us raise the bar. You can read more about these in our Cultural Manifesto.
Be human. You are empathetic and care about the impact of actions on others. You speak your mind; no politics, no games. You lead by example.
Learn together. You have a curiosity to explore new ideas and share your knowledge with others.
Raise the bar. You don’t stand still. You always push forwards and go beyond your comfort zone. You are a work in progress and comfortable with that. You do things that make people say “I wish I thought of that.”
Use the freedom. You relish independence and harness it to experiment and push boundaries. You build trust with people and provoke change. You have a JFDI attitude.Enjoy the journey. You celebrate, even when you fail. You make studio life count and enjoy the ride!