Product Designer (San Francisco)
ustwo is looking for talented designers to come work with us on some exciting initiatives for one of the best tech brands on earth. This role will be embedded with our on-site team in San Francisco.
As a successful Product Designer at ustwo, you’ll get your hands dirty tackling detailed work yourself and working with other designers, developers, and project managers to define, build, and iterate solutions.
- Able to frame and communicate challenges and opportunities to teams, and create alignment on a way forward.
- Break down unnecessary silos and improve working practices by fostering and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to design elegant flows & interactions for a global audience across platforms.
- Ability to give and receive feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners.
- Can execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- Partner with the product teams to define problems, goals, map user flows.
- Ability to test assumptions with low / high fidelity prototypes. Work in an iterative fashion.
- A self-starter / curious to discover and solve business problems.
- A strong collaborator with product managers and engineers, user researchers.
- A hands-on maker.
- Focused on pixel perfection. You sweat the details to ensure that you and the team deliver remarkable products on time and on budget consistently.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to move projects forward.
- Experienced and confident in visualizing and prototyping concepts fast to communicate ideas.
- Able to understand the bigger picture and strategically and systemically about opportunities and challenges.
- Someone who accepts and resolves critique gracefully.
- Cross-platform design experiences (Web, android, iOS, emails).
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design.
- Core strengths in visual design, spanning UI, brand, iconography, and art direction.
- Strong knowledge of design tools and workflows.
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges.
- A solid understanding of how behavior and transition impact design.
- The ability to multitask and contribute to more than one project at once.
- Clear written and verbal communication style.
- The ability lead a project with little supervision.
- Paid Medical, Vision and Dental insurance
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Personal Training and Development Budget
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work hours
ustwo NYC combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the last 5 years, we have been carving out a reputation in the US in the space between digital product development and new experience design. Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation. This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce and platforms.
ustwo is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better products and actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.