Product Designer (UX) - 3 month contract
Are you passionate about human centred design? Do you want to make products that delight users as well as help clients’ businesses? We’re looking for a Product Designer (UX) to work alongside a team of designers to help drive user research and conceptualise design solutions. By drawing on the key findings from your research you will explore, create and validate interaction design solutions for digital experiences.
You should have a strong background in user experience and interaction design, as well as an empathy toward business goals and technical constraints.
All candidates must be located in Sydney area with valid working rights for Australia.
ustwo is an industry-leading digital product studio with an expansive portfolio spread across client projects, our own products (Monument Valley, Sway, Moodnotes) and ventures. Our work focuses around the mission of making a meaningful impact on the world and also being able to capture the imagination and interest of our teams of designers and developers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO...
- Conduct user research, gather insights and liaise with stakeholders to understand the problem, identify user needs and behaviours, identify key design considerations and measures for what a successful design could achieve
- Explore and communicate design concepts through artefacts like sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed interaction specifications
- Validate design concepts by engaging user feedback, measuring usability, considering market analysis, and balancing technical constraints/opportunities
- Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs
- Understand and (where appropriate) challenge business requirements to champion user needs to further promote product and market strategy
- Foster a collaborative "One Team" approach between ustwo and clients/partners by engaging in an open and transparent working relationship -- facilitate and participate in workshops and discussions to promote the communication of ideas
- Experience exploring, visualising and prototyping design concepts at varying levels of fidelity to communicate and validate ideas
- Information design expertise and ability to provide guidance on visual hierarchy, legibility/readability, accessibility, content strategy, copywriting and data visualisation
- Fluency in best practices for device- and platform-based interaction design and information architecture
- Professional knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- Tools agnostic mindset focused on outcomes not outputs
- The ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
- An excellent communicator (verbally and written), capable of inspiring colleagues and clients
- The ability to deal with pressure and can work in a fast-paced environment
Above anything we are a people centred company that strives to create the best opportunities for the best people in the industry. We just so happen to have an amazing studio space and great tools for learning and sharing.
At ustwo we believe that diversity makes us stronger and better. We welcome people from all backgrounds regardless of your ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual preference, age, disability, veteran or marital status.